Flight from MCO

siestakeys04

I wouldn't think there would be much of a chance. It's at least a 40 min drive to the airport from Port Canaveral. Which means you would have to be the first person off the ship, have your transportation waiting and get a super fast customs agent. No way would I risk that early of a flight.

I'm all for risk taking with my flights, but I just think that's way too tight. Even if you are to the airport that early I don't see you making to cutoff to get on the flight. I've seen people running to their flight that get turned away by security because they don't like those last minute people. And that's saying there's no security lines once you get there? Plus the closer you cut it to your flight your taking a chance with your luggage because you're not giving the airline much time to get your luggage where it needs to go. I just wouldn't do it.

I know it kinda sucks to wait that long, but I think it's your best choice. Plus think of how stressed you would be!!

Is it possible to make a 9:55am flight? The next nonstop flight doesn't leave until 3:25pm.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

On Weekends the MCO can be a zoo even in the morning.

IF you are off the ship by 8am (and customs can hold you up or you are not docked before then-- and add in the 45 minutes to an hour travel time this will have you at the airport by 9am which is less then the recommended time to check luggage-- youmissed it by 5 minutes.

its just not worth the stress.

book the later flight. enjoy your breakfast. leisurly make your way off the ship around 10:30

I think you are wise to choose the 3:25 pm flight. Your chances of making that 9:55 flight would have been slim or none. (During our wait to depart MCO, we noticed that the security lines we REALLY long. Even if you got to the airport quickly from the cruise ship, you could get caught in one of those lines and miss your flight.)

We were in a similar position a couple of years ago and ended up spending a lot of time in the Orlando airport. We chose not to go through security until about an hour before our flight. (Remember to watch those lines!) We had brought a travel version of "Scrabble" and found a quiet place (yes, there are some if you look around) to play. We also had fun walking through a lot of the shops (making fun of all the Disney stuff!) and we had a nice sit-down lunch in one of the restaurants.

With some games, books or other amusements, the time will go by relatively quickly.

I suggest a one way rental car. Then take your time sight-seeing the day away. We rented cars each way when we flew into MCO. Rental was about $50 and was so nice to get around on our own. We explored Cocoa Beach vs Orlando. Great memories vs sitting in an airport waiting.

Ok thanks for the advice looks like a 3:25 flight for us, I should be able to check our luggage and hopefully it is something to do near the airport, I have never flown out of MCO. Any suggestions?

We book a rental car from the port and head to Downtown Disney to wait until it's time to go to the airport. Our next cruise is in February and our flight doesn't leave MCO until 755pm so we will do that again. There are several places in Orlando to putt-putt if you like that sort of thing. There is lots of places to shop and eat in the Orlando area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Was off the ship and private shuttle left at 8:15 (with self-disembark FTTF). Got to airport at around 9am. Sounds like that would be cutting it way too close. Also, as someone mentioned, the security lines can be brutal at MCO. Good idea to take the later flight.

We book a rental car from the port and head to Downtown Disney to wait until it's time to go to the airport. Our next cruise is in February and our flight doesn't leave MCO until 755pm so we will do that again. There are several places in Orlando to putt-putt if you like that sort of thing. There is lots of places to shop and eat in the Orlando area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Yeah I do enjoy going to downtown Disney

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks for the advice looks like a 3:25 flight for us, I should be able to check our luggage and hopefully it is something to do near the airport, I have never flown out of MCO. Any suggestions?

Try booking a Carnival excursion after your cruise. You can spend your time having fun and then they will drop you and your luggage at the airport in plenty of time for your flight home. They will keep your luggage locked in the belly of the bus while you are enjoying your excursion. The Cape Canaveral excursion is pretty popular. Or you might try Cocoa Beach. You can visit the Shore Excursion desk onboard for help and details.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/shore-excursions/port/40

Edited by winddawn

Was off the ship and private shuttle left at 8:15 (with self-disembark FTTF). Got to airport at around 9am. Sounds like that would be cutting it way too close. Also, as someone mentioned, the security lines can be brutal at MCO. Good idea to take the later flight.

And travelers from MCO are not local travelers. It's an entertainment mecca with Disney, Universal etc., so many are not experienced flyers going from point A to point B like business travelers. I've seen wall to wall security lines there.

I would never want to chance a flight that early but we did arrive at MCO from Sunshine cruise in May before 9AM. We also waited about 30 minutes for our shuttle to show up at the port. We were in the first group off because we had FTTF.

I would suggest booking the later flight and if you arrive in time for the earlier flight then see if you can get moved onto it. Southwest agent tried to move us to earlier flight that had 4 available seats but I booked with points so she wasn't allowed to.