Cigars on the Pool Deck

For those cigar smokers out there, please be considerate of those around the pool deck when lighting up. I believe the starboard side on ships is designated as the smoking side. We deliberately choose the port side for our sunning for this reason and it was a bit frustrating when some smokers chose to enjoy their cigars in that area.

If my info is incorrect on which side of the ship is designated as smoking, please let me know and we'll just relocate as needed.;)

On our last cruise we loved the consideration of the group of smokers who took up residence next to the soft serve machine on the pool deck. I'm sure the kids (and adults) who used the machine very much enjoyed their 'smoked vanilla' and 'smoked chocolate' cones! :cool:

On our last cruise we loved the consideration of the group of smokers who took up residence next to the soft serve machine on the pool deck. I'm sure the kids (and adults) who used the machine very much enjoyed their 'smoked vanilla' and 'smoked chocolate' cones! :cool:

I too noticed on the AOS that the soft serve machine was on the smoking side. As a former smoker I hate cigarette smoke ,however, could not blame the smokers for following the rules and smoking where it was designated. ;)

Cindy ;)

I third this request!!

If you find someone smoking in a non-designated area, you can have a staff member ask them to move to a smoking area. They are very polite about it, too. Happens all the time, and some smokers are really not aware of the port vs. starboard smoking thing.

The port or starboard as smoking side is not consistent from ship to ship. Just check when you get onboard (it might be listed in the Compass too, but I've never noticed). Also, look for which side has ashtrays on the tables. We've never had a problem with smokers smoking in non-smoking areas. We just make sure we are on the non-smoking side. And yes, I would ask someone to move or put it out if they smoked in non-smoking; conversely, I wouldn't complain if I was in a smoking area and someone was actually smoking. (BTW, pretty dumb to have the soft serve on the smoking side, IMO, but you can't blame the smokers for it.)

beachchick

Archived