Shuttle - Long Beach pier to Burbank airport

Luckysll

Has anyone taken a shuttle from the Long Beach pier to the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank?

After my cruise in January I'm taking the Coast Starlight from LA to Seattle. Since I can't make the train the day I disembark, I will be staying overnight. For a number of reasons, I decided to stay overnight in Burbank and board the train from there the next day. I plan to pre-book a shuttle from the pier in Long Beach to the Burbank airport and then just phone the hotel for their shuttle from the airport.

I know there will be a lot of shuttles at the pier in Long Beach, but since the majority will likely be heading to other airports, I'd like to know if anyone has booked one for Burbank airport and what to expect or if there will be any problems.

We used a combination of Blue Line, Red Line, and metro link to get to Burbank(Bob Hope Airport). Costs less than $10 pp.

I did read someone's directions on doing that and considered it, but all the added logistics of taking the train home instead of flying was starting to do my head in, so I figured I'd at least take the easy (if more costly) way of getting to my hotel. :D

If you want to take Super Shuttle from the port, you can go on their website and see if they list the hotel you're staying at in their booking engine. If not, just call their 800 number as they do point-to-point service, even if it's not bookable online. If it's a shared vehicle, you may get a non-direct trip (the driver dropping off passengers at different hotels on the way to yours) there so if you don't mind the extra time... But then it won't be a linear route anyway.

But I agree that you can eliminate having to go to Burbank airport. What I'm puzzled at is that I wasn't aware that the Coast Starlight has a stop in Burbank (we took this train between Oxnard and Seattle ten years ago, but I know that there was a couple of station changes since them) so I looked on the Amtrak website. Yes, there is a stop in Burbank, but it's an "unstaffed" station so make sure you don't need to check in baggage (which was a reason we couldn't start our train trip from our closest station back then).

We used a combination of Blue Line, Red Line, and metro link to get to Burbank(Bob Hope Airport). Costs less than $10 pp.

You also have to include taking the Passport bus (free) from the Queen Mary to the Transit Center.

We do this when go from our house to the LB port. But, we only have a 22" suitcase or smaller and a tote. I wouldn't do a larger suitcase on the Blue Line.

Prices for the Colored lines have gone up to $1.75 (since 9/15), but include free transfers for 2 hours. So instead of costing $3 it is now $1.75 between Union Station and the Long Beach Transit Center. And if you're new to riding the trains, you need to buy a TAP card for $1.

Also, between now and mid-October, the Transit Center and a few others is closed for remodeling and people are being shuttled to the Anaheim station.

Why wouldn't you go from the ship directly to your Burbank hotel? The shuttle fare should be the same or only a little more than getting dropped off at BUR airport.

If you want to take Super Shuttle from the port' date=' you can go on their website and see if they list the hotel you're staying at in their booking engine. If not, just call their 800 number as they do point-to-point service, even if it's not bookable online. If it's a shared vehicle, you may get a non-direct trip (the driver dropping off passengers at different hotels on the way to yours) there so if you don't mind the extra time... But then it won't be a linear route anyway.

But I agree that you can eliminate having to go to Burbank airport. What I'm puzzled at is that I wasn't aware that the Coast Starlight has a stop in Burbank (we took this train between Oxnard and Seattle ten years ago, but I know that there was a couple of station changes since them) so I looked on the Amtrak website. Yes, there is a stop in Burbank, but it's an "unstaffed" station so make sure you don't need to check in baggage (which was a reason we couldn't start our train trip from our closest station back then).[/quote']

I think it's a good thing I asked this question. I had problems figuring out the shuttle's website and the price I found from the pier to a hotel in downtown LA, near Union Station, would have been over $100 one way. So I decided to go to Burbank because the shuttle would have been around 1/2 that price.

I was going to get on the Surfliner train and go from Burbank to Van Nuys (a 9 min. trip), where I'd get off, check my luggage and pick up the Coast Starlight in Van Nuys an hour later.

Now, I've just re-checked shuttle prices and figured out the website and the price to a hotel in LA (Doubletree Downtown LA) is about the same price as what I thought the original shuttle to the Burbank airport would be. That's a much better price. Plus the hotel price isn't much more than I was looking at paying in Burbank and it would be easier to start on the train from Union Station.

I've already booked the train, but I'm going to call and see if I can cancel and re-book. Hadn't booked a hotel or the shuttle yet, so there's no problem there.

Guess I really made this a lot more complicated than it needed to be. :o