FTTF question

arms_n_all

Hi there,

We're cruising in December out of Miami. This if the first cruise we've purchased FTTF. Past cruises we've waited with the masses, or luckily were booked with my folks, who are Platinum. That time we got to wait in a little room with other diamond & platinum passengers, then were lead on as a large group.

So my question is, is there a special room/waiting area for FTTF passengers or how do they process you? The diamond/platinum room had it's own little special check in area. I can't wait to be platinum to enjoy that treatment! :)

Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

We're cruising in December out of Miami. This if the first cruise we've purchased FTTF. Past cruises we've waited with the masses, or luckily were booked with my folks, who are Platinum. That time we got to wait in a little room with other diamond & platinum passengers, then were lead on as a large group.

So my question is, is there a special room/waiting area for FTTF passengers or how do they process you? The diamond/platinum room had it's own little special check in area. I can't wait to be platinum to enjoy that treatment! :)

Thanks for your help!

At the Port of Miami there is no special room for the FTTF passengers... When you get into the huge room, you should see a window that has the FTTF Sign. Once you have gotten your boarding passes, etc you sit and wait to be called.. no special room :( no food or drinks :(

And as info, if you're not in the same cabin as a Platinum, Diamond or Suite passenger they no longer let you wait or sign in in that room anymore

Edited by Elaine515

Hi there,

Thanks for your help!

It's different in every port. In Miami/Galveston/Port Canaveral and NOLA there is a separate check in area for D&P and a special line in general check in for FTTF.

In all of those ports except NOLA the waiting area is completely separate for D&Ps in NOLA everyone sits together.

On my last few cruises from Galveston and NOLA when embarkation started the Diamonds were called first, the Platinums and suites, then FTTF.

I have booked FTTF for our next cruise out of Miami. I understand there is a separate line for check-in, but....do we have expedited passage through the security check-in line? Or do we have to go through that long line, and then have a shorter line inside, after the security scanners?

I have booked FTTF for our next cruise out of Miami. I understand there is a separate line for check-in, but....do we have expedited passage through the security check-in line? Or do we have to go through that long line, and then have a shorter line inside, after the security scanners?

Everyone goes through the same initial security line, then after that, you split into the categories. I believe it's like that in all ports. I know it was in Miami, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville the last time we sailed from those ports.

What about folks who have FTTF and are in a suite?

I don't know if you need FTTF if you are in a suite? Don't you get pretty much all the perks that FTTF offers if you are in a suite? I've never booked a suite so I can't really say for sure. I'm sure someone who is more knowledgeable can clarify?

Edited by ChaplainPagne

Everyone goes through the same initial security line, then after that, you split into the categories. I believe it's like that in all ports. I know it was in Miami, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville the last time we sailed from those ports.

I don't know if you need FTTF if you are in a suite? Don't you get pretty much all the perks that FTTF offers if you are in a suite? I've never booked a suite so I can't really say for sure. I'm sure someone who is more knowledgeable can clarify?

Suites get no perks on Carnival other than early embark. Still need FTTF for early room access, tender access, GS line access, priority debark and early luggage delivery. All of my CCL cruises have been in suites.

Edited by travler27

i just booked a cruise on the glory out of miami and bought FTTF mainly for the tender to half moon cay. i never had FTTF before and was wondering about it too. so what your saying is diamond, platinum and everyone including all other levels and suites and FTTF have to stand in the same long security line in Miami then get their benefits once through that long line? that doesn't make much sense. i usually cruise out of baltimore and i know when you go to the security line they have a separate security line for priority which includes diamond, platinum, suites, and FTTF.

Edited by splintz

We are Platinum and have sailed out of Miaml and Ft Lauderdale a few times. If you are "priority" there is a separate line that pushes you through security ahead of the masses.

Vinnie

So someone please correct me if I am wrong::confused:

When you arrive, there is a special Priority security line for D, P and FTTF?

Then once inside, there is another line where you get your room key and boarding docs which is also for FTTF and may or may not be the same place where D&P go too.

After you get your docs to board, you just walk on the ship and do not have to wait for a boarding number to be called?

I've had FTTF five times and it's been my experience that you skip the long line before going through security.

That is correct my friend. When we cruised out of miami, we were ushered through our own separate line when we had FTTF. Granted we got there at 10:15 and there wasn't much of a line yet, in about an hour or so there would be and you would be happy to be ushered through.

So someone please correct me if I am wrong::confused:

When you arrive, there is a special Priority security line for D, P and FTTF?

Then once inside, there is another line where you get your room key and boarding docs which is also for FTTF and may or may not be the same place where D&P go too.

After you get your docs to board, you just walk on the ship and do not have to wait for a boarding number to be called?

The above is correct except I am confused about you get your docs and walk aboard the ship part.

Yes you do not have to wait for a number to be called but the ship has to cleared and prepared for the next sailing. Diamonds, Platinums, etc. still have to wait to be called (if they are there early) to board even after receiving their documents.

Vinnie

We are Platinum and have sailed out of Miaml and Ft Lauderdale a few times. If you are "priority" there is a separate line that pushes you through security ahead of the masses.

Vinnie

good that's what i thought. that makes more sense.

The above is correct except I am confused about you get your docs and walk aboard the ship part.

Yes you do not have to wait for a number to be called but the ship has to cleared and prepared for the next sailing. Diamonds, Platinums, etc. still have to wait to be called (if they are there early) to board even after receiving their documents.

Vinnie

Yes, my question was more about once boarding has started. If I equate it to airline travel: Those with priority (D, P and FTTF) are welcome to board at any time? And those without this "priority" have to wait for their zone number to be called? Correct?

Yes, my question was more about once boarding has started. If I equate it to airline travel: Those with priority (D, P and FTTF) are welcome to board at any time? And those without this "priority" have to wait for their zone number to be called? Correct?

I can only speak for Platinum (but its probably the same for FTTF) and the process is if there is a separate "lounge" or waiting area and you have to wait then Carnival personal let you know when it is time to board initially. If you arrive after that then you can board as soon as you get you cruise card etc.

Vinnie

Yes, if boarding has already started, you board when you get there while others are waiting for their zones to be called. :)