MSC USA, read this! Can you really do this?

MM42

MSC website says (as of 5 minues ago):

THIS OFFER WILL EXPIRE IN 37 DAYS

Stay in a Balcony stateroom at an Ocean View price,

get up to $200 in shipboard credit and bring the kids for free. Climb aboard MSC Divina

and let me take you on the adventure you’ve been waiting for.

I just called MSC to book a cabin and they tell me that this promotion is not valid anymore!!! What??? I told the MSC agent that the offer expires in 37 days and he says " We can put an end to a promotion anytime we want".

Can MSC really do this?

For your info, I'm a gold member so I'm not new to MSC.

***** Message to MSC USA. One more frustation like this one and you will lose my business forever...

I think it is there is the small print at the bottom:

<<*Rates are USD, per person, double occupancy, cruise-only valid for new retail bookings for U.S. and Canadian residents. Rate shown is for a Category I1, B1 stateroom on the Oct 4, Dec 13, 2014; May 16, 23, 30 & OCT 24, 2015 sailing aboard MSC Divina. Government fees and taxes (GFT) of $124.44 to $137.05 on Caribbean cruises, $37.45 - $44.17 on Mediterranean cruises, $146.96 on MSC Grand Voyage cruises per person for all sailing guests are additional. Shipboard Credit (SBC) For Caribbean 7+ night sailings: Balcony, Suite & Yacht Club will receive $75 per person (max $150 per stateroom) SBC. For all Caribbean 4 night sailings: Balcony, Suite & Yacht Club will receive $50 per person (max $100 per stateroom) SBC. There is NO SBC for the Caribbean 2 night sailing. All Mediterranean sailings in balcony (B1 - B3), Suite (S3) & Yacht Club will receive a $100 per person (max $200 per stateroom) SBC if booked and deposited by October 31, 2014. Amount of SBC is based on rate paid. MSC Club discount is applicable. A discount of up to 10% (not combinable with MSC Club discount) is also applicable to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at time of booking. Offer is capacity-controlled, subject to availability, cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without prior notice to all guests. MSC Cruises reserves the right to refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. Other restrictions may apply. Ask for "Super Diva Deals" when booking. Offer Expires October 31, 2014. Ship's registry: Panama.>>

Perhaps they sold enough on the dates that you were interested in to discontinue the promotion. It is bad form to withdraw the offer and not withdraw it from the web page - leaves a bad "bait and switch" impression

There is very small print at bottom of the offer, I bet you have to be really quick to get their special deal as soon as its posted live then its fastest finger on the dial !!

"Offer is capacity-controlled, subject to availability, cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without prior notice to all guests. MSC Cruises reserves the right to refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. Other restrictions may apply. Ask for "Super Diva Deals" when booking. Offer Expires October 31, 2014. Ship's registry: Panama."

Bit cheeky they are still advertising this if they have exercised the right to end the deal

The cruise is the TA Genoa-Miami on 24 October 2015.

I forgot to mention that when you try to book it on line you do get the balcony cabin for the price of the ocean view cabin. Before I called MSC, I had tried to book it online. I had entered all the requested information, even my credit card number but when I pressed the 'send' button I had a problem with the web page so I called MSC and that's when they told me that the promotion is not available anymore.

They are still showing the reduced price when you try to book it online...

Edited by MM42

The cruise is the TA Genoa-Miami on 24 October 2015.

I forgot to mention that when you try to book it on line you do get the balcony cabin for the price of the ocean view cabin. Before I called MSC, I had tried to book it online. I had entered all the requested information, even my credit card number but when I pressed the 'send' button I had a problem with the web page so I called MSC and that's when they told me that the promotion is not available anymore.

They are still showing the reduced price when you try to book it online...

MM42,,,We're on this sailing!! Out of the 4 we have booked,,this is the one we are most looking forward to.:)

Hi MM42,

We apologize for any inconvenience. With the launch of our new pricing structure (Inclusive Experiences) yesterday, we had to make updates to the promotion.

The Super Diva Deal offer is still valid for the 18-night Grand Voyage and there is still the offer of the Balcony Stateroom (a Bella Balcony) for the price of an Ocean View (a Fantastica Ocean View).

For pricing, please see: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Cruise-Departures/MSC-Divina-Cruise-Itinerary-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=DI20151024GOAMIA&ship_code=DI&priceid=SDDEDIM10

Regards,

Hi MM42,

We apologize for any inconvenience. With the launch of our new pricing structure (Inclusive Experiences) yesterday, we had to make updates to the promotion.

The Super Diva Deal offer is still valid for the 18-night Grand Voyage and there is still the offer of the Balcony Stateroom (a Bella Balcony) for the price of an Ocean View (a Fantastica Ocean View).

For pricing, please see: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Cruise-Departures/MSC-Divina-Cruise-Itinerary-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=DI20151024GOAMIA&ship_code=DI&priceid=SDDEDIM10

Regards,

MSC USA

It is not the same offer as yesterday. The price for the same cabin was 22% cheaper yesterday. I saved a print of the page. :rolleyes:

In fact, all the cabins were cheaper yesterday. Why did the agent told me that you had put an end to the promotion? You did not put an end, you only changed the prices. So do not tell me that the promotion is still valid when it's not.

Thanks but, no thanks.

Bye bye MSC...

This cruise is not available on the UK website! in fact October 2015 does not exist in the month list at all for 2015 .... :eek:

MSC must only have an 11 month year.

I think MM was trying to book the TA for October 2015 on the U. S. site Sidari:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Cruise-Departures/MSC-Divina-Cruise-Itinerary-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=DI20151024GOAMIA&ship_code=DI

Hi Mike ... Yep i know MM is from USA, I was looking to see if that cruise was available here and if there were any offers to compare against what was being offered there.

But once again MSC like they have done with other cruises are limiting the markets that the cruise is available to.

The Orchestra is in the Caribbean early in 2016 and boarding points are "Point-A- Pitre" Guadaloupe, £429 cruise only, Fort De France Martinique £429 cruise only and Bridgetown Barbados at £899 cruise only.

Flights from the UK to Barbados are not a problem.

Hi Mike ... Yep i know MM is from USA, I was looking to see if that cruise was available here and if there were any offers to compare against what was being offered there.

But once again MSC like they have done with other cruises are limiting the markets that the cruise is available to.

The Orchestra is in the Caribbean early in 2016 and boarding points are "Point-A- Pitre" Guadaloupe, £429 cruise only, Fort De France Martinique £429 cruise only and Bridgetown Barbados at £899 cruise only.

Flights from the UK to Barbados are not a problem.

Sidari,,,I think I have finally found out why when sailings are released on the U.S. site there are only a few number of staterooms to select from. For instance,,,a Trans-Atlantic sailing for April 2016 which hasn't been released on the MSC USA site, is available for booking on the Vacations To Go website. SO it appears TA's are getting first crack at these sailings!!!

FastDeal 10756

18 nights departing April 23, 2016 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Divina

Brochure Inside $3,319

Our Inside $1,659

You Save 50%

Brochure Oceanview $3,819

Our Oceanview $1,909

You Save 50%

Brochure Balcony $4,279

Our Balcony $2,139

You Save 50%

Brochure Suite $5,039

Our Suite $3,139

You Save 38%

$$$ Kids FREE! Children 11 and under cruise FREE in select categories (taxes and fees are additional) when sharing the same cabin with two adults.

Promotions may not be combinable with all fares.

The prices shown are US dollars per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability. They include port charges but do not include airfare or (where applicable) airport or government taxes or fees.

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sat Apr 23 Miami, FL 8:00pm

Sun Apr 24 At Sea

Mon Apr 25 At Sea

Tue Apr 26 New York (Brooklyn), NY 8:00am

Wed Apr 27 New York (Brooklyn), NY 6:00pm

Thu Apr 28 At Sea

Fri Apr 29 King's Wharf, Bermuda 8:00am 5:00pm

Sat Apr 30 At Sea

Sun May 1 At Sea

Mon May 2 At Sea

Tue May 3 At Sea

Wed May 4 Ponta Delgada, Portugal 10:00am 6:00pm

Thu May 5 At Sea

Fri May 6 Lisbon, Portugal 1:00pm

Sat May 7 Lisbon, Portugal 2:00am

Sun May 8 Cadiz, Spain 8:00am 6:00pm

Mon May 9 At Sea

Tue May 10 Barcelona, Spain 8:00am 2:00pm

Wed May 11 Genoa, Italy 9:00am

Edited by Mikesa1721

Hi MM .... Sorry about the mix up re Nationality ... :) you could do with having a word with Ken and Judy (kelownabccan) they may be able to help out as they live in Canada also.

Seem to have their fingers on what is happening re prices over there.