Eye Jewelry

I saw an article on cnn.com about it. My first question was, "Why?" ... I suppose we can pierce or put an ornament on every other body part, so why not the eyeball, right?

Certainly not an option for me, though!

~Ashley

I read the same article and I think it is crazy! Of course, that is my opinion only. I'd really like to see some pictures of it though. I guess you'd really draw attention to your eyes. First it was the belly-button ring, then pierced tongue, eyebrows, nose, lips, etc. So I guess the next thing would have to involve your eyes. icon_rolleyes.gif

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Gross if you ask me. Speaking from experience of lasik that didn't work, can't even imagine messing with your eye just for fashion. icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

040407_eyejewel_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

pour.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to drink cheap wine.68.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Premier Royale 1985

CCL Holiday 09/89

CCL Tropicale 09/94

CCL Fantasy 02/98

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 06/01

CCL Fascination 08/02

CCL Imagination 01/03

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 07/03

I saw this too. I can't even imaine putting contacts in my eyes! I have a "thing" about eyes. Can't stand when the medical chanel shows an eye operation.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

I agree...sounds pretty nuts to me!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

CruisinTigger, thanks for the pic. All I can says is GROSS!!!!! icon_eek.gif

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have worn contact lenses for 13 years now, and I would never do this to my eye. I even had a belly-button ring until last summer (long story), but since I'm scared to have Lasik done, how would I be able let them stick a piece of metal in my eye!

I personally think it looks trashy, and I have a feeling after whatever novelty it holds wears off it'll not be a big fad. I wouldn't think the kids who get noses, belly-buttons, etc pierced have the $ to pay for a minor surgery...

Nat

Superstar Leo to Alaska 5/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800http://community.webshots.com/user/natalunia

I doubt it will get approved in the US, but I just thought if I were a prospective employer and someone interviewed with me for a position with than thing in their eye I don't think I'd give them the position. I think it'll be seen like visible tatoos (I have a tatoo, I'm not knocking it) and facial piercings once were.

Natalie

Superstar Leo to Alaska 5/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800http://community.webshots.com/user/natalunia

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it'll be seen like visible tatoos (I have a tatoo, I'm not knocking it) and facial piercings once were.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like they "once" were? Newsflash here...facial piercings are STILL considered pretty disgusting and unpleasant to look at by the majority of people today. Obviously many young people say they like it even if they don't- they risk their "cool" standing - but every young person I asked (granted - none younger than 21) thought they were gross. It's a fad of course - and one that I personally hope will pass. Ugh.

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Even I (who has a nose piercing and a tooth jewel!) am horrified by this. I wear a tiny, tiny diamond in my nose, and I love, love, love sparkle, but this..nope! I have seen it here, but no thanks, will give this one a miss!

YOu're missing the whole story. This isn't a particularly risky procedure and you don't actually pierce the eye. This is simply a small gemstone that is implanted right below the clear outer membrane of the eyeball on the sclera (white) of the eye. None of your vision is impaired and the stone isn't even really felt by your nerves because it is below the membrane so there's not abrasion (like when you get a piece of dirt or an eyelash in your eye). I have a friend in the Netherlands who had this done (she's never had any other body piercings) and she didn't even really even feel a thing. She said getting her contacts in for the first few weeks was far more painful than the 'eye piercing'.

Jessi

First Cruise - RCI's Legend thru Panama Canal

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>YOu're missing the whole story. This isn't a particularly risky procedure and you don't actually pierce the eye. This is simply a small gemstone that is implanted right below the clear outer membrane of the eyeball on the sclera (white) of the eye. None of your vision is impaired and the stone isn't even really felt by your nerves because it is below the membrane so there's not abrasion (like when you get a piece of dirt or an eyelash in your eye). I have a friend in the Netherlands who had this done (she's never had any other body piercings) and she didn't even really even feel a thing. She said getting her contacts in for the first few weeks was far more painful than the 'eye piercing'.

Jessi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jessi, I'm not missing the whole story. I still think it is gross even if it doesn't hurt, won't impair your eyes, etc. That's just my opinion though.

<MARQUEE>icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif</MARQUEE>

I absolutely would NOT try that! My eyes are too sensitive to tolerate something in them let alone something that is just to enhance the ego and not the look. Kinda like those gangsta rappers with the jewels on their teeth. Ugh! Looks like they need to go to the dentist and have that sparkly cavity removed. Double UGH! icon_rolleyes.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Very interesting...I work for a group of eye surgeons and I never heard of this. I'll have to ask tomorrow and see what the buzz is. I can guarantee our group will never be doing procedures like this. We take metal out of eyes on a daily basis, not put it in...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Jewel of The Seas<BR

Sensation 3/99

Majesty of The Seas 12/03

Total agreement on the eye and teeth thing. And if someone did decide to do that, it would only be foregivable if the person was under 25 and that would be stretching it.

I did see contacts that make the shape of your pupil appear to be a heart or star, etc. That would be kinda creepy too!

Omar Sharif used some kind of drops in his eyes to make them appear "soulful" on film. Wonder what they were?

August 2001 Westerdam Alaska

October 2002 Enchantment of the Seas Eastern Caribbean

Ahh yes! Classic elegance. Audrey Hepburn and Princess Di had that down pat! Two very classy ladies. Of course I could never afford their outfits or the makeup artists who enhanced their natural beauty. Heck, at my age there isn't any hope I'd even have the shape to fit into those outfits without major surgery! LOL

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Archived