How Large Are The Washer/Dryers?

Leo Jay

Large enough to wash my bedspread/quilt? I know that unlike sheets, the outer bedding isn't cleaned all that frequently, so it would be nice if I could wash it. Otherwise, I may have to just dump it in the closet for the duration as others have mentioned. God knows what people do on their bedspreads. At the very least, I'm sure people lay their shirtless, sweaty, tanning-oiled bodies on them...

I've never used the washers on Carnival, but have seen them and they look big enough to wash a single bedspread, or a thin double. You may have to help out a bit by pushing the fabric under the water a bit.

That is a good idea though.....but...I would wonder where the steward puts my newly-cleaned bedspread while s/he makes the bed...on the floor perhaps. But at least the carpet gets vacuumed.

Watched a crime show once where the detectives had to analyse 'findings' on a hotel bedspread........you don't want to know how many different samples of DNA were found on that particular bedspread...would give you the willies! I think it was over 50 :eek: !

That is a good idea though.....but...I would wonder where the steward puts my newly-cleaned bedspread while s/he makes the bed...on the floor perhaps. But at least the carpet gets vacuumed.

Don't worry -- I'm not taking any chances: I'm bringing along my industrial-strength steam-cleaner and my high-powered HEPA vacuum cleaner to deal with the carpeting.

i pack a thin, old twin sheet to use as a situpon..it cover the bedding and allows me to take lil sitdown without worrying about short curlies---and i am certainly NOT doing their laundry ;D

If you are lucky enough to cruise on one of the ships with the new bedding, you get a fresh duvet cover each day. My May cruise on the Inspiration had the luxury of new bedding and fresh duvet covers, as well as sheets, each day. Ahhhh, it was fabulous.

i pack a thin, old twin sheet to use as a situpon..it cover the bedding and allows me to take lil sitdown without worrying about short curlies---and i am certainly NOT doing their laundry ;D
You read my mind. I would not be doing their laundry either!! If it sceeves you out that much, take or ask for a couple of sheets to put over and under the comforter. Relax, don't sweat the small stuff. Have a great cruise!!

I got a black light and found nothing on bed spreads during my last 3 hotel stays. Lit up some stains on the carpet. You can get cruise cabins really dark so just by a black light and throw it in your suitcase. It won't take up much room and may give you piece of mind.

Leo: When did you take your last cruise?? the new blankets you will be able to see if they are cleaned or not.

anyways--here is a photo of a laundry room on a ship-http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/284433172uogZXD

Archived