What entertainment acts are on the ship?

stickey_mouse

What is the best source of information regarding live entertainment and what entertainers are on a particular ship? Is there a thread a la "Who's on Board: Officers, Staff, and Crew" that keeps track of entertainment acts? Or are the acts' residencies so brief that it would be nearly impossible? I assume that reviewing the most recent reviews is the best means, but any information you can share would be helpful. Thanks!

What is the best source of information regarding live entertainment and what entertainers are on a particular ship? Is there a thread a la "Who's on Board: Officers, Staff, and Crew" that keeps track of entertainment acts? Or are the acts' residencies so brief that it would be nearly impossible? I assume that reviewing the most recent reviews is the best means, but any information you can share would be helpful. Thanks!

There is a Who's on Board - Officers, Staff & Crew thread that s maintained by ~CRUISENUT~

But unfortunately not everyone returning from a cruise participates... And even those that do don't always make notes of the Entertainment (vs the Officers / Sr Crew)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862734

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

There is a Who's on Board - Officers, Staff & Crew thread.

Thank you for the reply. I am aware of the "Who's on Board" thread, which is why I asked if there is a special one just for entertainment acts. I guess the best idea is just to keep reviewing recent reviews as my trip approaches. Thanks!

Entertainment falls into several categories, each with their own type of contract. The ships regular singers/dancers are on each ship for many months, but they do sometimes change one or more singers without changing the dancers. The ship's orchestra members each have their own contract and come and go. In a sense it is akin to a "pick up orchestra." Some of the other entertainers (like piano bar players such as Perry Grant) have long term contracts and can be on the same ship for several months at a time. And finally you have the so-called "Guest Entertainers" that are usually booked to provide a few shows in the main showroom. These comedians, singers, instrumentalists, and magicians generally have limited contracts that have them moving from ship to ship (sometimes working several ships within a single week). Finding out about Guest Entertainers is nearly impossible since the info is only known to a few folks at the home office and a handful of staff (such as the Cruise Director) onboard.

Hank

Entertainment falls into several categories, each with their own type of contract. The ships regular singers/dancers are on each ship for many months, but they do sometimes change one or more singers without changing the dancers. The ship's orchestra members each have their own contract and come and go. In a sense it is akin to a "pick up orchestra." Some of the other entertainers (like piano bar players such as Perry Grant) have long term contracts and can be on the same ship for several months at a time. And finally you have the so-called "Guest Entertainers" that are usually booked to provide a few shows in the main showroom. These comedians, singers, instrumentalists, and magicians generally have limited contracts that have them moving from ship to ship (sometimes working several ships within a single week). Finding out about Guest Entertainers is nearly impossible since the info is only known to a few folks at the home office and a handful of staff (such as the Cruise Director) onboard.

Hank

Thanks for the information. I was just curious. Don't think anybody goes on a cruise for the entertainment anyway-- it's just icing on the cruise cake.