Adventure vs Splendour?

Dan1113

We just booked a trip on the Splendour next year, after having been on our first ever RC cruise last year with Adventure of the Seas.

We loved the Adventure and had a fantastic time (it was also our first cruise!). I know Splendour is much smaller (and older), but from reading online, it seems to have loads anyway - like the outdoor cinema, which Adventure didn't have. I did notice that there seemed to be a lack of choice in terms of restaurants et.

What will the experience be like? Will we be disappointed compared to Adventure?

Depends how much you will miss the Royal Promenade and ice rink, which are not on Splendour.

Advantages of Splendour in my mind would be covered Solarium and Park Cafe. I believe there are actually more restaurant choices on Splendour, such as Boardwalk Dog House, Izumi, Chops, Chef's Table.

Edited by clarea

Ice rink was nice but not having that is fine - shame about the royal promenade though! So Splendour has no wide open place with bars and restaurants I guess?

Does Splendour have Johnny Rockets?

hi.

we have been on both. Adventure last september and splendour in may. There is no johnny rocks on splendour. We did take bad with the size at first but still had a good time. Easy to get around on splendour.

If I had to compare Splendour against Indy l would choose Splendour time and time again.

I suppose it depends what you like to do, we like to relax and have great service

It just seemed to me that on Splendour the service was better, more personal, more individual.

We did my time dining on both but had a far better more personal service on Splendour. Less busy

Loved the covered Solarium, ate lunch in the park café often, Hot dog bar was great

Loved the seating in the Theatre, great entertainment around the pool.

Just fabulous :)

Ice rink was nice but not having that is fine - shame about the royal promenade though! So Splendour has no wide open place with bars and restaurants I guess?

Does Splendour have Johnny Rockets?

Splendour has a Centrum, and the R-Bar is there, but no restaurants right on the Centrum.

Why? Staff service issues on Splendour and too small a ship with less venues for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it funny how we all like different things and have different experiences. I loved Splendour and found the service to be far better than on a bigger ship such as Indy

Different people, different views, that's what makes the world an interesting place

So Splendour has no wide open place with bars and restaurants I guess?

No, nothing like the promenade on Adventure. Our first 7 RCCL cruises were on ships with a royal promenade like Adventure. We thought we'd miss it on the last two (Brilliance and Jewel), and didn't :)

Edited by bouhunter

Will be nice to try something different, anyway! Other than this one RC cruise, we went with Princess and really disliked it - lots of mistakes made all over and we felt the service was not as good. We loved our time on the Adventure with RC, so despite no promenade and being a smaller/older ship, I'm hoping we'll enjoy Splendour (and after Princess, we were keen to go back to RC). Adventure hadn't had a refurb, which Splendour has had, so maybe that'll actually make a positive difference!

Shame about the Johnny Rockets though, we both really enjoyed it haha. Now to decide if we fancy a drinks package or not...

It's a cruise in the Middle East - wonder if it is more European customers on that one, or is it still a big American crowd like the Caribbean ones? (I don't care either way - I am just curious!) Our Asian cruise with Princess was a good mix of European, North American, and Australian guests, but there was a good sprinkling from all over really.

Edited by Dan1113

I've done two cruises on Adventure and have also booked a Dubai cruise on Splendour for March 2016. I don't think the absence of the Royal Prom will bother me, but I am a little concerned about the covered solarium. I think this may be unbearably hot in the Middle East and just hope there are plenty of sunbeds available in other areas.

We just booked a trip on the Splendour next year, after having been on our first ever RC cruise last year with Adventure of the Seas.

We loved the Adventure and had a fantastic time (it was also our first cruise!). I know Splendour is much smaller (and older), but from reading online, it seems to have loads anyway - like the outdoor cinema, which Adventure didn't have. I did notice that there seemed to be a lack of choice in terms of restaurants et.

What will the experience be like? Will we be disappointed compared to Adventure?

Adventure now has an outdoor cinema.