My dress on ebay

Has just risen past my pricepoint and there are still about 5 days left in the auction. Please make me feel better. Please tell me I'll like another one better. One that no one has even listed yet. One that will look fabulous on me but that everyone else will pass by. icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 9/00

Disney Magic 9/01

Disney Magic 9/02

Monarch OTS 1/04

Disney Magic 5/04

Oh honey, new dresses come on everyday! Don't fret. More will be there tonight, as well as tomorrow.. Just keep a watch and don't forget, this person will probably relist the dress if it doesn't fit so keep your eyes open!

tinsel57

i had the same thing happen to me, its frustrating watching the dress climb out of your financial reach, but its true... keep searching cuz there are so many new ones listed each day- i've started looking for buy it now options just because you can just get it right then and don't have to wait to see if you can afford it later.

Keep a watchful eye. I had one dress I fell in love with but, the price rose too high. I was very disappointed but, a few weeks later, an identical dress was listed and I got it for less than half of what the final auction price was on the original! I snatched it up with the Buy it now option!! It is a little too big but, rather too big than too little--I'll be hitting the alteration shop soon!

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

This happens all the time.

Also, email the person, sometimes if it's not a one time resale, they get the same stuff in again and again or can at least contact their source and request the dress in the size you need or even a size larger cause as the above poster indicates you can always alter. If find the larger sizes can be cheaper, not as much competition for the dress so you are still ahead if you have to take it for alteration. Most of the people I've spoken with are very happy to try and help you, they want the sales and know you're looking so will try and find your dress or at least others in your size. It never hurts to ask!

My biggest problem is to STOP buying!! Such lovely selections!

tinsel57

I would also recommend emailing the seller and asking if she has any other dresses similar that she may be listing soon. Often this happens, and you can find something you really like.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until VICTORY is ours

i had that happen to me recently. it was a dress to die for. i guess someone else had a little bigger budget than me... imagine that!

i check several times a day and use a variety of search words including "formal", "cocktail", "dinner", "beaded", "sequin" HEY! Im giving away all my secrets! Don't outbid me!

Incidentally, found several listed with "sequence"... someone needed a spelling lesson!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;08;30;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100  until our virgin cruise Westerdam 8/30/04

Great ideas! Thank you. I'll try not to outbid my friends! Not too much to worry about though because most everybody has a bigger budget than me!

Disney Wonder 9/00

Disney Magic 9/01

Disney Magic 9/02

Monarch OTS 1/04

Disney Magic 5/04

Tiiiiiger girl - I had the same thing happen to me last year right before my cruise. ANother dress came up a few days later that was brighter, less expensive, and a cooler fabric. I would never have seen it if I had not lost the foirst one.

As for searching strategies, I see what I like in a brick-and-mortar store, then search for it on ebay. From that I find people who have e-stores with similar clothes, who I return to when I need something.

Counting down to the Rhapsody OTS - 12/05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived