Tux Rental

Fireguy60

Has anyone ever rented a tux from the cruise ship?

I am signed up for 3 formal nights plus one night at chops for my wife's birthday so I would need one for all 4 nights. I saw the price is like 79.00-99.00 is the for the entire cruise or just one night. I I get one from a shop near me and take along it's 130.00 for the 2 weeks and I get 2 shirts 2 vests and 2 ties.

Edited by Fireguy60

I am signed up for 3 formal nights plus one night at chops for my wife's birthday so I would need one for all 4 nights. I saw the price is like 79.00-99.00 is the for the entire cruise or just one night. I I get one from a shop near me and take along it's 130.00 for the 2 weeks and I get 2 shirts 2 vests and 2 ties.

And, if you get it on the ship, you don't have to pack it to the ship or home, don't have to worry about wrinkles, etc.

Entire cruise. It will be waiting for you in your cabin or delivered on embarkation day. Try it on immediately, so they can make changes/corrections for you.

Rented for our first cruise.

DW was happy. That made it well worth it.

I'll second that "Try It On Immediately". I rented one for our cruise and did not try it on till the day of the first formal night. The pants were too long and I could not get them altered until the next day. As a result I was only able to use it on the second formal night.

I had no idea that price was for the entire cruise! That definitely makes it worth it. This is stretching it a bit, but I just have to ask: What would the policy be on B2B cruises? (ie. two completely separate rentals, one rental discounted for second week, etc.)

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I had no idea that price was for the entire cruise! That definitely makes it worth it. This is stretching it a bit, but I just have to ask: What would the policy be on B2B cruises? (ie. two completely separate rentals, one rental discounted for second week, etc.)

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, it would be 2 different rentals!

Thanks for the answers. Think I will just rent onboard then.

Just a few FYI's:

• I always order it a few weeks before the cruise to make sure I get what I want but you can also wait until you board.
  • The only issue I've had with pre-ordering is a cabin change. Make sure you notify the tailor otherwise it will be sent to the wrong cabin. :eek:
  • They will charge your seapass after boarding but cancellations received between 4 days - 24hrs prior to sailing will be subject to a 50 percent penalty and any cancellations received within 24 hrs are subject to 100 percent penalty.
  • I was sized by a men's garment store in my area before ordering. They were happy to oblige.
  • https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Have a great cruise.

Does anyone have experience with doing this whilst onboard? My DH is thinking about doing this, but we had in mind that we could offset against our OBC.

Obviously we could only do this if we don't pre-order, but wondering if anyone advises against this?

Thanks in advance

I have read that there is potential for them to run out of certain sizes of garments. If you really need to have the tux, I'd book ahead of time.

I have used the tux rental service. It went well too. I went to a local tux rental company and asked them if I could get measured for an out of town rental. I used those measurement for the online rental and my tux was in my closet when I arrived.

The rental is $89 or $99 depending on package and if your cruise has 3 formals you can keep it for all three but you only get 2 shirts. They will also collect the tux the day after the last formal night so make sure you Chops reservation is before that.

Shak

Does anyone have experience with doing this whilst onboard? My DH is thinking about doing this, but we had in mind that we could offset against our OBC.

Obviously we could only do this if we don't pre-order, but wondering if anyone advises against this?

Thanks in advance

Its highly advised to pre order but I've yet to pre order mine. For me, its been that generally AFTER I board that I decide i want to dress to the nines. They carry a pretty good stock on board plus they have multiple times listed in the Compass usually for tux rental services. They can measure you on the spot and it will be delivered to your cabin to try on. They can generally correct anything immediately.

Ive got a big upper body from being in a wheelchair and wear 52R coat. Thats huge but I havent had a problem.

Most people will tell you to go ahead and get measured then pre order though.

• 2 weeks later...