First time with a balcony - any tips or advice?

ukittenmerightmeow

After having our first cruise with a balcony we won't cruise any other way, love it! Besides seeing the sunrises or sunsets, the stars at night and entering and leaving port, I always bring a pair of binoculars, you never know what you might see, other ships, sea creatures, land features, etc. We've seen small sailboats well away from land, a surfaced submarine, refugees on a raft (yes, we stopped to assist them), sea turtles, whales, dolphins.

For some reason I also get a kick out of watching the flying fish.:p

Dry bathing suits here- if you swim before dinner,hang em on your chairs and they'll be dry when you get back.

Be on the balcony as frequently as you can--we were on in a rainstorm and we saw a rainbow form.

Bring a small wedding bubbles bottle for blowing bubbles at sail away.

Watch for sea life. I love flying fish.

When leaving ports,look for cool ships or barges.

Aviud being on your balcony disembark am, nothing is worse seeing the port come closet and closer.

If you end up facing another ship in port, go to your balcony during sailaway. It ends up being a big party!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree! I was on RCIs Enchantment and we were having a 'competetion' with the CCL Fantasy.

Agree! I was on RCIs Enchantment and we were having a 'competetion' with the CCL Fantasy.

Dry bathing suits here- if you swim before dinner,hang em on your chairs and they'll be dry when you get back.

I believe all cruise lines recommend that NO clothing or towels be left on a balcony, due to potential fire hazard. A cigarette tossed from a smoking deck can ignite clothing - small chance, but I'd hate for that to happen on my cruise.

I believe all cruise lines recommend that NO clothing or towels be left on a balcony, due to potential fire hazard. A cigarette tossed from a smoking deck can ignite clothing - small chance, but I'd hate for that to happen on my cruise.

Interesting. I never thought of that. I just thought they didn't want stuff to be hung on the railing.

Leaving Sunday on Conquest for Eastern Caribbean and this will be our first time with a balcony cabin! Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated! :)

We were on the Conquest Eastern Caribbean the first week of September. We had a wonderful time and I'm sure you will, too. I agree that coffee on the balcony is a great way to start the day.

My 'to-do on the balcony' suggestion is to get up in the middle of the night and set out there and enjoy the sea pretty much to yourself. So many people have called it a day and it is quiet and peaceful. Almost on the verge of spooky when the heavy mist hangs over the water and you know the depth below is sometimes thousands of feet. You feel very small compared to the world around you about this time. And if you are lucky, the wind and the mist and the sound of the waves can sing you to sleep as you lie cuddled up in you robe. Enjoy your balcony!!

What robe??:rolleyes:

Take a small bungee cord. You will then be able to leave balcony door open. Otherwise you will have to open and close continuosly and as someone else said it is heavy and noisy. We just returned from the Freedom and got up early in the morning and opened it up and sat out and had our coffee and it really made a difference.

I agree- you have to have a bungee. We sleep with our balcony door open, it's heaven!

As of October of this year no more smoking allowed on balconies, so the chance has gotten smaller. But if people are willing to break one rule they are willing to break another so I see where your coming from.

Edited by Sqwii

I always pack all the stuff for my bloody Mary's. You can order a bottle of vodka and have it in your room. Nothing like a great Bloody Mary first thing in the morning while having breakfast on the balcony.

But most of all just relax and enjoy!

No wonder so many people love these balcony rooms. .. Coffee in the A.M. and breakfast is probably needed after that free show last night. LOL

I bet there are some stories ........ Oooo Weeeeeee I bet there are some very interesting stories out there..... LOL Edited by blnorman