Specialty dining discounts on board

WillWorkForCruise121

Can anyone who's been on an s class ship recently tell me if discounts for specialty dining on board are sometimes available? (2 for 1, half off, etc.)

We are sailing Silhouette in March and are thinking we may want to do 2 specialty restaurant nights. Any packages offered are for four or five nights only which is more than we want to do. The price of $40 to $45 per person seems steep compared to what we've paid for specialty dining on RCI. Is it worth the price? How good (or bad) is the MDR.

We are first timers on celebrity but have sailed a bunch on RCI and once on carnival. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

We ask about discounts daily at the "specialty restaurant reservation station" set-up at the buffet entrance, and have gotten lucky a couple of times (usually mid-week). We have also taken advantage of getting a free specialty restaurant voucher (for one) for booking a future cruise while on board. This isn't always offered, but watch your daily and check the flyers delivered to your room.

Can anyone who's been on an s class ship recently tell me if discounts for specialty dining on board are sometimes available? (2 for 1, half off, etc.)

We are sailing Silhouette in March and are thinking we may want to do 2 specialty restaurant nights. Any packages offered are for four or five nights only which is more than we want to do. The price of $40 to $45 per person seems steep compared to what we've paid for specialty dining on RCI. Is it worth the price? How good (or bad) is the MDR.

We are first timers on celebrity but have sailed a bunch on RCI and once on carnival. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Depends on the cruise. This summer we were on the Silhouette in Europe and we were offered (while still in the terminal after check in) specialty restaurant discounts ...30% off every night except for the first night which was 50% off. So we ate in the specialty restaurants every night except two...they were very good! However, the two nights that we dined in the MDR were more than acceptable. We were very happy with the food and service everywhere onboard. This December we will be sailing the New Years Cruise on the Silhouette and do not expect the same (if any) discounts. Last year, when we sailed on the Reflection during New Years, we did not receive any discounts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruzemaven

On all but two cruises there were discounts in specialty resturants. Twenty to thirty percent off is frequent and fifty very good.

You should know rather soon if they are agreeable to discounts.

I agree because they discount sharply frequently we also feel we are overpaying to pay the posted rate.

Discounts happen when they are not selling well. We have enjoyed specialty dining a few times on Summit and on Equinox but was it really worth $90 per couple? Not to me and we found the MDR food on Celebrity to be very good, much better than we found on RCI. We are on the Silhouette in May and have $300 in OBC to use so I expect we will enjoy a specialty or two just to use that up.