Milestone Benefit

winddawn

My experienced PVP told me today that the 25th milestone benefit onboard credit can be used on any cruise up to the 49th cruise. This contradicts everything I've read on this board in the past. Has anyone else heard this? Have they changed the milestone rules? TIA for sharing your recent experience.

Makes sense to me, since the 50th would be the "next" milestone. I know you don't have to use it on the 25th and can use it on a later cruise.

In fact, people recommend that couples who reach 25th at the same use one of their Milestone credits on one cruise and the other on another since you can't double it up and both use it on the same cruise.

I don't plan on sailing a lot on Carnival once I get to 25 so will probably plan for a biggie for that one and just use it then.

Makes sense to me, since the 50th would be the "next" milestone. I know you don't have to use it on the 25th and can use it on a later cruise.

In fact, people recommend that couples who reach 25th at the same use one of their Milestone credits on one cruise and the other on another since you can't double it up and both use it on the same cruise.

I don't plan on sailing a lot on Carnival once I get to 25 so will probably plan for a biggie for that one and just use it then.

Thanks, NC. But the posts I've read on here in the past stated that the Milestone credit had to be used within 2 years. I was trying to determine if something has changed in Carnival's policy.

My experienced PVP told me today that the 25th milestone benefit onboard credit can be used on any cruise up to the 49th cruise. This contradicts everything I've read on this board in the past. Has anyone else heard this? Have they changed the milestone rules? TIA for sharing your recent experience.

Larry & I are taking our MILESTONE cruises in Dec. on the Liberty, him one week & mine the next ( B2B ). Our milestone ( 25 ) was last year in Dec. on the Ecstasy.

MILESTONE DESK 1-877-225-8477

When I called about 50 they told me that we could take them at the same time. ALASKA in May.

Char

Larry & I are taking our MILESTONE cruises in Dec. on the Liberty, him one week & mine the next ( B2B ). Our milestone ( 25 ) was last year in Dec. on the Ecstasy.

MILESTONE DESK 1-877-225-8477

When I called about 50 they told me that we could take them at the same time. ALASKA in May.

Char

Thanks for the phone number. I will call tomorrow.

The Milestone is person specific not cabin specific. Two people in the same cabin can use their milestone OBC on the same cruise. Example: DH and I are both using our 25th milestone OBC for our Hawaii cruise even though it will be our 26th cruise. The 25th cruise is a 5 night on the Elation and it is not worth using 25% when we can get more OBC on the longer more expensive Hawaii cruise. CCL says it is OK to do this way so that is what we plan to do. IF they change up I will come back here and let you know.

Can someone tell me what you get for the 25th milestone, I have 23 cruises and going on my 24th in March, and this is the first time I heard of 25th milestone OBC. :) I've search Carnival website with no luck, thanks.

Can someone tell me what you get for the 25th milestone, I have 23 cruises and going on my 24th in March, and this is the first time I heard of 25th milestone OBC. :) I've search Carnival website with no luck, thanks.

Interesting - I tried a basic search and didn't find. It is supposed to be a 25% OBC based on the price of your cruise before taxes, surcharges, and fees.

50% for 50 cruises, 75% for 75, and a free cruise at 100. This is separate from the loyalty program.

Well, I obviously don't know anything about it, do I? :p

I don't have a partner so not worried about the double-up, and have no intention of sailing another 25 Carnival cruises.

I just know I'm hoping to find a Canal cruise when the time comes and use it on that or get lucky and find a trans-Pacific to Australia. ;)

Received a Milestone Letter in January. It stated it had to be booked within 18 months.

I got an e-mail from Carnival in May about Milestone Rewards. ( I had inquired because we are looking at cruise #25 for 2016).That letter states "Even thought the Milestone Reward expires 18 months form the date stated on the letter, it is no longer necessary to use within that time period."

I got an e-mail from Carnival in May about Milestone Rewards. ( I had inquired because we are looking at cruise #25 for 2016).That letter states "Even thought the Milestone Reward expires 18 months form the date stated on the letter, it is no longer necessary to use within that time period."

Thank you, camper, for posting this. This is exactly what I needed to know. I'm glad to know that I can take my time in using the milestone benefit. I'd prefer to take my time to research a more expensive cruise where I can get the most out of the milestone OBC. I just hope that Carnival does not do away with this benefit before I get to use it. I was afraid it might fall victim to the brilliant redesign of the VIFP program.

Apparently Carnival has changed their rules.

Edited by winddawn

Well, I obviously don't know anything about it, do I? :p

I don't have a partner so not worried about the double-up, and have no intention of sailing another 25 Carnival cruises.

I just know I'm hoping to find a Canal cruise when the time comes and use it on that or get lucky and find a trans-Pacific to Australia. ;)

Hawaii ;)

Thanks for the info.

I got only a letter telling me it had to be used within 18 months from the date of the letter.. Can you tell me who your e-mail is from please... I'd like to have that in print !!!

Thanks...

I got only a letter telling me it had to be used within 18 months from the date of the letter.. Can you tell me who your e-mail is from please... I'd like to have that in print !!!

Thanks...

It was from Care@carnival.com

We will be doing our 24th cruise in Feb. & plan to book the 25th while on board to get the OBC. So we have not yet received "the letter"

The email gave me a number to call one of their Team Members if we need further assistance. 1-800-438-6744 ext 70355

Interesting - I tried a basic search and didn't find. It is supposed to be a 25% OBC based on the price of your cruise before taxes, surcharges, and fees.

50% for 50 cruises, 75% for 75, and a free cruise at 100. This is separate from the loyalty program.

Thanks for the INFO Andy!