specialty restaurant lunch first day

ilandlvr

I don't believe Liberty has a specialty restaurant open for lunch on embarkation day.

Just a warning, too, I found the WJ absolutely CRAZY the day of embarkation. I was on a transatlantic in late April and the ship cleared late so we all had to sit in a big room and wait to board. That may have been part of the insanity. In the WJ, it was impossible to even get near the food. I tried to get pizza at Sorrento's and it was insane also. I eventually just ate a protein bar and waited for dinner. We were traveling with our 3 year-old and I ended up wishing that we had not planned to eat lunch on board.

Just a warning, too, I found the WJ absolutely CRAZY the day of embarkation. I was on a transatlantic in late April and the ship cleared late so we all had to sit in a big room and wait to board. That may have been part of the insanity. In the WJ, it was impossible to even get near the food. I tried to get pizza at Sorrento's and it was insane also. I eventually just ate a protein bar and waited for dinner. We were traveling with our 3 year-old and I ended up wishing that we had not planned to eat lunch on board.

This was definitely the reason. I am sorry that you had to go through this. Next time will most likely be much better.

:)

As to Florida sailings, we have almost always found the Windjammer extremely crowded between boarding time (which varies) and 1PM when rooms become available. Finding a table to eat is a definite problem. On other sailings, there does not seem to be a pattern

This was definitely the reason. I am sorry that you had to go through this. Next time will most likely be much better.

:)

Thank you, that's what we figured. It was our fourth cruise and we'd never seen anything like it before at the WJ. The cruise was still fabulous!

Thank you, that's what we figured. It was our fourth cruise and we'd never seen anything like it before at the WJ. The cruise was still fabulous!

I was on the cruise before you and missed my flight home because of the customs delays!! Luckily I got another flight the same day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app