Princess Phone support problems?

PenguinLife

Is Princess having phone support problems, I have been on hold waiting for a rep for existing reservations for over 20 minutes now?

p.s. I finally made it through after 24 mintues to be transfered to the person that could help that answered right away

Edited by PenguinLife

Is Princess having phone support problems, I have been on hold waiting for a rep for existing reservations for over 20 minutes now?

p.s. I finally made it through after 24 mintues to be transfered to the person that could help that answered right away

I have had massive issues with Princess Support. I even attended a cruise expo here in Sydney, only to be told "go and look online". I had already booked, and I was a just lousy already paying customer and she was a sales rep. After I had driven a considerable distance to attend the expo, I was very shocked. I just wanted some more info re cruising with Princess (as we have never cruised before!). Many other sales reps gave me information about what to expect on my first cruise, but Princess was very rude. I called Princess Support, and was put through to America without realising that the Australian call centre must be at full capacity. The support person told me to email my feedback and I would get a follow up phone call in 24 hours, so I did. I emailed and I received an auto reply telling me my issue would be sorted in 5 days. 8 days passed and I hadn't heard anything, so I called again and was put through to the American call centre. I told them my situation, and they told me that only the Australian team could deal with it. They transferred me back to Australia, and the guy on the phone told me "he hasn't received any other complaints about the Sydney Cruise Expo" and that "there hasn't been any other issues". I mentioned my email, and he said that the last email he had replied to was from back in August, so I shouldn't expect a reply any time soon. I asked to speak to someone else, and received a call back from an Australian support lady, telling me that all the issues with Sea Princess had really caused issues for the Australian Support team, and all calls were being diverted. She apologised and told me to hold tight.

I called just the other day (about 3 weeks since attending the cruise expo) to ask some general cruise questions, and spoke to someone in India. When I asked him about the price difference between pre-purchasing internet credit and buying on the ship, he told me "it is more or less the same price". When I asked for exact prices (as on the Australian website there is no pricing for pre-purchasing), he told me to look online. When I reiterated that I couldn't see these things, and could I please have the pricing the line "cut-out". I called back and got the Australian centre, where the lady was very helpful with my questions, but couldn't help me with a follow up for my email.

She revealed that Princess do not have a separate team dedicated to emails. When ever the phone support team get a spare few hours, they try and get through as many emails as possible. The last email she had responded to was in mid August. She also reconfirmed that the Sea Princess was consuming all the Australian teams time.

On a positive note, the American phone support team are absolutely lovely. I wish they could of helped me!! haha

Not at all ranting about Princess, but I am very nervous to cruise with them, as the customer service I have received has been VERY hit & miss!

Edited by tealeafdestiny