My Vision of the Seas review 09/20/2014

After reading many negative reviews recently we were anxious to see for ourselves if Vision was as bad as what had been posted. I came away from this cruise with only one negative.

We arrived at the terminal at 12:45, went through all the processes and were on the ship in less than 15 minutes. We went up to a busy but not overly crowded Windjammer and had a nice lunch. Next, we headed to the MDR to see if we got a table for two which we had requested. Yes, no issues. Off to our room which was a JS on deck 8.

That is where the only negative comes in. The genius behind the design of the Vision class put all the suites on deck 8. If you have a forward suite your under the WJ. If your mid deck your under the pool area. All day and all night from our JS #8030 it was stomp, bang, crash, you name it. It sounded like King Kong and Godzilla was onboard. Once the passengers left for the evening, maintenance took over the assault slamming, hammering, washing, on a nightly basis. Earplugs were absolutely no help at all.

If sleep is important to you during your cruise, choose your cabin wisely. As for everything else we couldn't have been happier. Our stateroom attendant was fantastic and we had a great waiter and assistant in the MDR. The food in both the MDR and WJ was consistently good and well prepared. Service was a little slow in the MDR if you sat at a table of 8 or more. Those 6 or less seemed to have faster service.

Everyone we ran into on the staff was always friendly and courteous. The ship looked great for her age. We would sail Vision again without a doubt. The only change would be not to select a cabin on deck 8.

Edited by cruisingsince94

Hi,

thank you for the review.

I am reading all the reviews about Vision that I can find - I guess I do have a hidden interest ....... we did book a cruise on Vision.

It seems to me that the majority of the reviews are positive ...... sorry about the noise from above your cabin ...... that would bother my wife - she is a very light sleeper and any noise will wake her up.

Glad that you had a good cruise.

What was the slow service in the MDR ? too many tables per waiter ?

How long did it take ?

We sailed on Vision last May d enjoyed it very much. The food service in the MDR was a little slow in anytime dining, but the wine service was almost nonexistent. It was impossible to get a second glass, so either order a bottle or 2 glasses in the beginning. Do try the Chefs Table dinner, it was fabulous, and much less money than on other ships.

We were on this cruise, actually across the hall in a Superior Interior (J), and did not have any noise problem. One afternoon we heard a few noises but other than that we were pleasantly surprised after hearing all the issues posted here. Maybe because we were in the middle of the ship that helped.

We had a very enjoyable cruise, thought the staff was one of the best, the food was very enjoyable. Went to Chops and Giovanni's, both excellent. Spent the other three nights at the Windjammer and always found something very yummy to eat. Never did we have a hard time finding a table for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Alex and his crew couldn't do enough to make everyone happy.

The shows were great. Luis Dalton and Spectrum were fantastic. Production shows were great also.

Will definitely be booking more cruises on the Vision. It's a great ship with a great crew.

I believe the Chefs Table was around $55 on the Vision which is why we did It. It is a 5 course meal with a different wine to accompany each course. The price plus the rave review I read about it here on CC is why we decided to do it. It was fabulous.

Thanks for the tip! Chops will be closed in my bday, so this may very well be the ticket. Can't beat that price either.

--

sent via cc app for android.

Edited by mochaandhearts

Is it offered from a menu , or the same items are served to all, or lets say I want meat, wife wants fish .... how is that handled ?

I am guessing that the chef is prepering some dishes at the table ? is that correct ?

It is a set menu, I don't remember having choices, but I could be wrong. After all the wine, who remembers? However, you will find the people you eat with will be your new best friends! But if you have any food issues just speak to them before hand. They made adjustments for people with allergies and I believe we had a person who did not eat fish so they substituted. The meal is not prepared table side. However the chef talks about each course before it is served and the sommelier was just great! Try and search for the Vision reviews on Chefs Table here on CC.

Thanks for your review. Most of the reviews I have read about this ship have been positive.

We will be on the Vision next September for a Western Mediterranean cruise. We have a suite reserved on deck 8. From what I have read, most people have reported minimal noise. I guess we will find out for ourselves next year.

Happy cruising everyone!

We were on the same sailing. Second time in 3 weeks on Vision. Had a great time. SOOOOOO many activities on this ship, something always going on. The Thriller performance was even better than the one we saw on Vision over August 28th sailing. Just overall a great time

Our only negative - just like the OP. We booked a Deck 3 OV and we were right under the diningroom. We got no sleep for 5 nights. About midnight or 1 am they would start with banging, scraping, you name it. Sounded like Mac trucks were in there all night long.

Lesson learned - NEVER NEVER NEVER book a cabin that is beneath the diningroom or WJ as they do all the work during the night hours.

Other than that, have nothing but great things to say about Vision. Would love to sail on her again. Cruise Director Steve and Activity Manager Melvin (I think that was his name) were fantastic. Lots of fun all around.

DH and I were also on this sailing and I must say this crew was one of the best we have ever had. Without exception, from the Captain on down through the ranks, each crew member we encountered was friendly and kind. It was simply a wonderful trip!

As a side note, we learned our lesson about booking under a public area on the Freedom a while back while in a grand suite. The chairs being moved above in the pool area seriously sounded like whales at 5:00 AM every morning. And we were pretty far from the main area. On this trip, we were snuggled in our inside, level 2 cabin and slept like babies. OP, so very sorry for your experience in the JS.

After reading many negative reviews recently we were anxious to see for ourselves if Vision was as bad as what had been posted. I came away from this cruise with only one negative.

We arrived at the terminal at 12:45, went through all the processes and were on the ship in less than 15 minutes. We went up to a busy but not overly crowded Windjammer and had a nice lunch. Next, we headed to the MDR to see if we got a table for two which we had requested. Yes, no issues. Off to our room which was a JS on deck 8.

That is where the only negative comes in. The genius behind the design of the Vision class put all the suites on deck 8. If you have a forward suite your under the WJ. If your mid deck your under the pool area. All day and all night from our JS #8030 it was stomp, bang, crash, you name it. It sounded like King Kong and Godzilla was onboard. Once the passengers left for the evening, maintenance took over the assault slamming, hammering, washing, on a nightly basis. Earplugs were absolutely no help at all.

If sleep is important to you during your cruise, choose your cabin wisely. As for everything else we couldn't have been happier. Our stateroom attendant was fantastic and we had a great waiter and assistant in the MDR. The food in both the MDR and WJ was consistently good and well prepared. Service was a little slow in the MDR if you sat at a table of 8 or more. Those 6 or less seemed to have faster service.

Everyone we ran into on the staff was always friendly and courteous. The ship looked great for her age. We would sail Vision again without a doubt. The only change would be not to select a cabin on deck 8.

I was on this cruise as well, but our JS was an aft-corner cabin underneath the spa, so it was as quiet as a mouse at night. I would definitely recommend Deck 8 if you can get an aft cabin, especially if you can snag one of the two that have the huge, wrap-around balcony. That was the best part of the cruise for me.

I agree about the slow service in the MDR, and we were just a table for two. Very friendly, just not too quick.

Suites are on the deck below the pool, WJ etc, on all RCI ships, not just the Vision

We discovered this to be true on our other RCI cruises. The noise doesn't bother me at all. My wife, on the other hand, is a light sleeper and the noise awakened her a few times.

However, the comfort and amenities far outweigh the little inconveniences. We enjoy the full suites and will continue to book them on future cruises.

Cruising is a wonderful way to explore the world. Happy cruising!