Captain's Party Invitation for Non-Elite Companion

RS79

On our first Princess cruise, last July, Diamond in Japan, we were invited to the Captain's party.

Go figure, we were a bit surprised but wondered whether it was, perhaps, to do with our previous P&O cruises which registered with Princess as relevant status.

my invitations only ever have my name on them. I didn't think to bring anyone with me.
I don't think they actually want everyone to bring a guest, or for every couple to show up with another couple, etc. I doubt they would turn you away, but they're not going to encourage it by stating it on the invitation! But I think a cabin mate is ok, whether it's a spouse or a friend or whatever. Not that they will ask for any sort of proof.

On our first Princess cruise, last July, Diamond in Japan, we were invited to the Captain's party.

Go figure, we were a bit surprised but wondered whether it was, perhaps, to do with our previous P&O cruises which registered with Princess as relevant status.

Yes you're right, your previous P&O cruises count towards your loyalty status with Princess. To my delight I am Elite with Princess and looking forward to my first cruise on Emerald next month. :D:D:D

Edited by Pjran

• 1 month later...