Questions Re: Cruise Later Program

1cruiselvr

I purchased a 'Cruise Later' Certificate earlier this year while sailing on the Century. The future cruise consultant office was very busy the day I wanted to book, so I did the easiest thing - I bought the cruise later certificate. It was my first X cruise and I was not familiar with this certificate other than I could book a future cruise of my choice and my $100 certificate purchase would be my deposit. So here's my question: I finally chose a cruise and booked it thru my TA but now I'm reconsidering the cabin category I picked. Can I contact my TA and switch categories/cabins without jeopardizing my cruise later certificate? I don't want to request a change and my TA comes back and says this change will void your certificate and we need an extra $800. Is there any negative impact to requesting a change from a booking made with one of these certificates?

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Yes, as long as you do not do it as a cancel & rebook, in other words keep the same booking ID, you can upgrade the cabin. If you upgrade to a high level suite, CS & above, you will need an additional deposit. Mary Lou

Thanks. Is a Sky Suite a high level suite or will my original deposit suffice for that category?

Sky Suite should have the same deposit. CS and higher is above Sky :-)

If you're uneasy just ask your TA to verify this before you make any changes.

Thx. My TA gets me great pricing but they don't like too many questions, so that's why I asked the 'experts' on CQ!