Infinity cabin 3144

gramtofive

Check the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky at the top of this Forum = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911871

HELPTHEJUGGLER maintains the Spreadsheet (you will find the link in her latest post on Page 7 )

I took a quick look

Seems there has been 1 Piece of Input (Page 1 - Reply #7). Although that person was on The Summit. They said the room was noisy and had a large round window (no mention of floor to ceiling)

These rooms used to be part of the Conference Area... Hence why the rooms have bigger windows

Not really surprised they are noisy...

We discovered this part of the ship on one of our walk abouts around The Summit (Infinity's sister ship).

It is at the back of the ship near the aft Elevators... And I believe a lot of people not familiar with the ship "land here" then make their way midship by walking thru the Cabin Hallway (Deck 3 Midship is a busy public area with Guest Relations etc... Was the reason we ended up in this location)

It also is near a Restaurant Space (Kitchen ?). Know we saw some crew milling around in the hallway on Port Side... Looked like they were making a food transfer of some type (Kitchen - MDR - I95 ??). Who knows, but ya overall looked to be a spot of confusion (if not noise too).. "Hey where are we ? "... I would think would be heard often

Hope this helps,

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for your info. I would tend to think that on infinity that area was refurbished and hence it has a large window Possibly Millenium already had cabins in this area and they have the regular size windows.

Think what you want...

But all the M-Class Ships went thru the same process for the most part when they were Solsticized (Constellation 2010 & 2013 - Infinity 2012 - Millenium 2012 - Summit 2012)

Their Footprint / Deck Plans pre & post Solsticization remain very similar to one another.... Including Deck 3

Celebrity for the most part moved a bunch of stuff around, adding new Venues that were popular on the S-Class Ships (hence the term Solstization)

These OV Cabins on Deck 3 went in where the Conference centre used to be... (took down a bunch of interior walls / put up new ones). So the windows on this part of the ship match those found in other "public areas" / original design. This is why they are bigger, plain & simple... No work was done to the ships outer walls / hull to make it happen

There are many posts & pictures both here on CC & on the Internet about Solsticization.

The post SIMON STINGRAY has linked to is but one

Sorry, but sadly someone gave you bad info

There are no floor to ceiling windows... Just very pleasant round ones.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for your info. I would tend to think that on infinity that area was refurbished and hence it has a large window. Possibly Millenium already had cabins in this area and they have the regular size windows.
I can state with certainty that none of the M-class ships had cabins there previously, as we had been on all 4 of them pre-solsticization.

That area of the ship originally had several conference rooms and a movie theater with comfortable tiered seating.

Additionally, there were tables and chairs by the large windows on the starboard side, a seating area with nice views often used by people staying in inside cabins who wanted a quiet, out-of-the-way place to sit and read or talk.

It was previously a public area that did not generate revenue, so as each of the 4 ships was solsticized, the new revenue generating cabins were installed along the starboard side.

The comfortable, attractive movie theater was removed and replaced by the current drab conference rooms with uncomfortable chairs all on one level.

We were told that this cabin has a large floor to ceiling window. Has anyone been in this cabin or know if this is true?
Those cabins each have a large round window, not quite floor to ceiling.

Edited by fleckle

Thanks for your info. I would tend to think that on infinity that area was refurbished and hence it has a large window. Possibly Millenium already had cabins in this area and they have the regular size windows.

Hi Linda....the new cabins, 3112-3144 were added to all the M

class ships when they were "Solstictized" which has now been

2-3 years for all the ships. Millennium did not originally have this

set of cabins....only upon her upgrade.

All the other cabins on deck 3 were there from her original build.

The windows are not floor to ceiling in these newer cabins but they

are definitely larger than a "normal window".