Hawaii Night Dinner

oldmanonthesea

My wife heard that there is a Hawaii Night dinner on every Princess cruise. We're booked on a 28-day cruise - does anyone know if this is just held once per cruise? thanks.

What cruise...LA r/t to Tahiti & Hawaii?

Here's a link to the Princess Aloha Spirit Program & shows many "Hawaiian-inspired dishes" which were okay but not nearly as good as food in Hawaii. It also lists Island-style activities to enjoy during the cruise.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/hawaii-cruises/cruises/aloha_spirit/

The last time during an evening in Honolulu they had a Hawaii deck buffet but don't recall a specific evening in the dining room & instead some nightly Hawaiian-style dishes.

However the website lists a luau type of evening...

Hawai'i Island Night (sample dishes)

Kamehameha Fruit Soup

Hawaiian Suckling Pig

Lomi Lomi Salmon

Pipikalua Cured Beef

Kona Style Ahi Poke

Polynesian Chicken Pupu

Oyster Sauce Marinated Pork Spareribs

Shredded Kalua Pig in Ti Leaves

Pineapple Macadamia Nut Bread

Five Spice Chocolate Mousse

Baked Hawaii

Chocolate-Dipped Fruits

Pineapple Flambé

Beverage Promotion: Ultimate Mai Tai - Hawaiian Tropics - Paradise Punch

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's been a while since I've taken a cruise that includes Hawaii but I've never heard/seen a Hawaiian night dinner on any Princess ship sailing pretty much anywhere. There might be a dish but there are few dinner theme nights. Even French night is gone.

I stand corrected. Looks like there's one night on Hawaiian cruises. Doubt it's offered elsewhere.

Edited by Pam in CA

This past Feb. on Grand to Hawaii, the Horizon Court had a Hawaiian theme and at the carving station they servers suckling pig. They sliced a piece with the crispy rind and it was delicious. Had to have seconds...:D

This past Feb. on Grand to Hawaii, the Horizon Court had a Hawaiian theme and at the carving station they servers suckling pig. They sliced a piece with the crispy rind and it was delicious. Had to have seconds...:D

Yes, we had a Hawaii night theme at the buffet, on a Hawaii cruise on the Sapphire, in March, 2013. It was great! It was served the night we were in Honolulu, when there was also special entertainment in the Princess Theater.

A special night! :)

Yes' date=' we had a Hawaii night theme at the buffet, on a Hawaii cruise on the Sapphire, in March, 2013. It was great! It was served the night we were in Honolulu, when there was also special entertainment in the Princess Theater.

A special night! :)[/quote']

Thank you for the replies and the information.

What cruise...LA r/t to Tahiti & Hawaii?

Here's a link to the Princess Aloha Spirit Program & shows many "Hawaiian-inspired dishes" which were okay but not nearly as good as food in Hawaii. It also lists Island-style activities to enjoy during the cruise.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/hawaii-cruises/cruises/aloha_spirit/

The last time during an evening in Honolulu they had a Hawaii deck buffet but don't recall a specific evening in the dining room & instead some nightly Hawaiian-style dishes.

However the website lists a luau type of evening...

Hawai'i Island Night (sample dishes)

Kamehameha Fruit Soup

Hawaiian Suckling Pig

Lomi Lomi Salmon

Pipikalua Cured Beef

Kona Style Ahi Poke

Polynesian Chicken Pupu

Oyster Sauce Marinated Pork Spareribs

Shredded Kalua Pig in Ti Leaves

Pineapple Macadamia Nut Bread

Five Spice Chocolate Mousse

Baked Hawaii

Chocolate-Dipped Fruits

Pineapple Flambé

Beverage Promotion: Ultimate Mai Tai - Hawaiian Tropics - Paradise Punch

Thanks for the info! We had no idea and this really gets us even more excited about our Hawaiian cruise!

Thanks for the info! We had no idea and this really gets us even more excited about our Hawaiian cruise!

You're welcome & that's so much more Hawaiian-inspired food than our last Hawaii cruise & may have to consider an hour drive to the port for a r/t cruise from LA. Princess has fewer of these cruises resulting in higher cruise fares...good for Princess, bad for me. ;)