Mediterranean 2015

natonboard

I am comparing cruises for summer 2015 in the Mediterranean by researching ports of calls I've never been to. Saint-Raphael, France is one of them and I can not find any touring information on it, either from HAL's website or from cruisers on this site. Most tour operators i've looked at in the region do not include pick ups or visits from Saint-Raphael. It's just the weirdest thing. I would greatly appreciate information on day touring for cruisers from that port and information as to why it is not in the HAL excursions' list??

Thank you!

I am comparing cruises for summer 2015 in the Mediterranean by researching ports of calls I've never been to. Saint-Raphael, France is one of them and I can not find any touring information on it, either from HAL's website or from cruisers on this site. Most tour operators i've looked at in the region do not include pick ups or visits from Saint-Raphael. It's just the weirdest thing. I would greatly appreciate information on day touring for cruisers from that port and information as to why it is not in the HAL excursions' list??

Thank you!

I am also going to the Med next summer on a HAL ship and have been wondering why there is no excursions listed for this port. We are there for an entire day. I have found little on this site.

I have found some useful information on Frommers website...you may have found this already. I look forward to any info others may have on this mysterious port of call.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/st-raphael/750083

We are also going to the Med on a HAL cruise 2015 spending a day in St. Raphael. From what I could find it is close to Cannes and St.Tropez. Some sites have said that the port itself is a large seaside town on the French Riveria halfway between Cannes and St. Tropez. It is also close to Grasse supposedly the perfume capital of the world. It has two ports, the older one still being a working fishing port. I looked on Trip Advisor for some information and then just googled it. Hope this helps.:)

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your hints and knowledge! I had googled and looked through Trip Advisor but was uncertain about the attractions for this port compared to another with better known area in the French Riviera. Your links are all useful. Thanks again!

Ok, I looked at where this port is and I think there are operators that may meet you there if you want private tours. Try Ingrid of Kutour tours (#1 on tripadvisor under Monaco) and Sylvie diCristo - both fantastic guides (have used them both) and they do travel in the French Riviera area.

(I had a private tour booked for St. Tropez)

Hoping this helps a bit.

Don't restrict yourself to just that port on Tripadvisor and your research - reach out to ones close by. hope this helps :)