Seattle waterfront to partially close for nine months for seawall construction

Vexorg

Starting on Wednesday, a good portion of the Seattle waterfront (including Ivar's, Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and a number of other businesses and restaurants) will be closing down for the next nine months to facilitate construction of a new seawall. The Great Wheel (and portions of Miner's Landing,) the Seattle Aquarium, the ferry terminal and Argosy Cruises (which will move to a different pier) will remain operational during this time.

Since the cruise season is all but over in Seattle (the last two ships depart today) this shouldn't have much affect on people here for now, but it may impact cruisers early in the 2015 season, as the businesses are not expected to reopen until the end of next June.

Starting on Wednesday, a good portion of the Seattle waterfront (including Ivar's, Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and a number of other businesses and restaurants) will be closing down for the next nine months to facilitate construction of a new seawall. The Great Wheel (and portions of Miner's Landing,) the Seattle Aquarium, the ferry terminal and Argosy Cruises (which will move to a different pier) will remain operational during this time.

Since the cruise season is all but over in Seattle (the last two ships depart today) this shouldn't have much affect on people here for now, but it may impact cruisers early in the 2015 season, as the businesses are not expected to reopen until the end of next June.

Thanks for the info, Vexorg! Hopefully the project will be completed by the time I cruise on July 7, 2015. I was really looking forward to checking out the waterfront. How about Pike's Market and the restaurants inside the market? Are they scheduled for closure during the project, as well?

Thanks for the info' date=' [b']Vexorg[/b]! Hopefully the project will be completed by the time I cruise on July 7, 2015. I was really looking forward to checking out the waterfront. How about Pike's Market and the restaurants inside the market? Are they scheduled for closure during the project, as well?

Pike Place Market is not on the waterfront, and I can't think of a reason why they would close.:)

Not that familiar with Seattle but had just booked the Marriott at the Waterfront for an early June HAL cruise. Wonder with disruption if the downtown makes more sense maybe the Artic Club Hilton. Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

The Marriott is a lovely hotel and a lovely location...... I'd keep the reservation. There's an elevator next door that takes you up the hill towards the downtown area and the Market.