Contact Michael

AlanAllyn

Late last evening I sent an email to Contact Michael with comments both "good" and "needs improvement" about our Canada/New England cruise on the Summit. We did rate this cruise a 5 (of a possible 5+).

At 3 this afternoon, I received a call from Tanji in Michael Bayley's office. We discussed each of the items for 10 to 15 minutes.

Celebrity did listen.

We too have written letters after our past several cruises to Celebrity mentioning what we liked, and what we thought needed change or improvement.

At each letter a nice person from Celebrity has phoned, reviewed with us in detail our letter, acknowledging the "Good" things we mention, apologising for the "not so good"

Not one single change has been implemented as far as we can see from the "Not So Good" comments. Food quality continues to decline, dining room service likewise, as examples of two consistent comments I have been making.

I agree, Celebrity is listening, but we haven't seen any action as the result of the "needs improvement" comments.

I suspect that Celebrity may think that a personal phone call from the CEO's office reviewing our feedback strokes us enough to make us feel "Valued" and we're happy someone listened.

I however would like to see some changes as a result of the "Needs Improvement" comments.

We too have written letters after our past several cruises to Celebrity mentioning what we liked, and what we thought needed change or improvement.

At each letter a nice person from Celebrity has phoned, reviewed with us in detail our letter, acknowledging the "Good" things we mention, apologising for the "not so good"

Not one single change has been implemented as far as we can see from the "Not So Good" comments. Food quality continues to decline, dining room service likewise, as examples of two consistent comments I have been making.

I agree, Celebrity is listening, but we haven't seen any action as the result of the "needs improvement" comments.

I suspect that Celebrity may think that a personal phone call from the CEO's office reviewing our feedback strokes us enough to make us feel "Valued" and we're happy someone listened.

I however would like to see some changes as a result of the "Needs Improvement" comments.

I sent an email to him as well with a query about the lack of a bridge director, which in a previous CC question and answer session, he said there would be on cruises with many 'at sea' days. Disappointingly, I didn't even receive a reply other than the automated one. The issue itself wasn't a big deal ie the lack of a cruise director, but it would've be good to have received some reply.

I sent an email to him as well with a query about the lack of a bridge director, which in a previous CC question and answer session, he said there would be on cruises with many 'at sea' days. Disappointingly, I didn't even receive a reply other than the automated one. The issue itself wasn't a big deal ie the lack of a cruise director, but it would've be good to have received some reply.

The first time I got a call to review my comments I was thrilled that someone "listened". As time went on and cruises came and went, and I saw no positive changes, I began to realize I was being managed.

Celebrity knows their food quality is not what it was. They know they have cut staff in the dining rooms. My telling them I too knew it and didn't like it over several cruises really has not resulted in change.

I'll not bother writing to them anymore. No positive changes occur so why waste their time having them phone and tell me they value my feedback.

Late last evening I sent an email to Contact Michael with comments both "good" and "needs improvement" about our Canada/New England cruise on the Summit. We did rate this cruise a 5 (of a possible 5+).

At 3 this afternoon, I received a call from Tanji in Michael Bayley's office. We discussed each of the items for 10 to 15 minutes.

Celebrity did listen.

I've had the same experiences. Tanji is fantastic.

I just have to add my 2 cents. I had a complaint, as an about to be first time Celebrity cruiser, and I have to say just how very impressed I was that my complaint was not only addressed but taken care of to my absolute satisfaction less than 12 hours after I sent my e-mail. Not only was it addressed, but I had a follow up phone call from Tanjee apologizing for the confusion and making sure that I was completely satisfied. I just hope that all Celebrity employees are as competent as the lovely Tanjee! And I certainly hope "Michael" is aware of just how valuable an employee Tanjee is and that she is handsomely compensated. She is worth her weight in gold!:) I for one will be drinking a toast to the lovely Tanjee on my upcoming Xmas cruise on the Eclipse. Cheers:D

Celebrity did listen.

I sincerely hope you mentioned the deck chair situation by the pool. I just returned from my 2nd year in a row on the Summit (Bayonne/Bermuda). The situation is out of control with people "reserving" chairs. I provided a good example in my recent review of just how obnoxious this situation has become.

I sincerely hope you mentioned the deck chair situation by the pool. I just returned from my 2nd year in a row on the Summit (Bayonne/Bermuda). The situation is out of control with people "reserving" chairs. I provided a good example in my recent review of just how obnoxious this situation has become.
Did you by chance mention the situation to guest services or the Hotel Director?

The first time I got a call to review my comments I was thrilled that someone "listened". As time went on and cruises came and went, and I saw no positive changes, I began to realize I was being managed.

Celebrity knows their food quality is not what it was. They know they have cut staff in the dining rooms. My telling them I too knew it and didn't like it over several cruises really has not resulted in change.

I'll not bother writing to them anymore. No positive changes occur so why waste their time having them phone and tell me they value my feedback.

No doubt they do value your feedback, in a way, but I don't think any large company will act on one person's comments. Celebrity will be looking at trends in feedback and if a significant number of people comment on, for example, food quality then they will look at the issue ('significant number' in Celebrity terms may well be in the thousands).

So they do value your feedback, just like they value everyone else's.... :)

Did you by chance mention the situation to guest services or the Hotel Director?

I went to Guest Services, and they said they would look into it. The Pool Butlers issued pretty much the same apathetic response.

As far as the Hotel Director, he seemed to busy Dancing with the stripes and playing a couple of rounds of pool volleyball.

Not sure that would be as much of an issue on the Canada/NE cruise -- but, it surely was, on the last Bermuda cruise of the season (8/31 -9/7). :(

What we did was to document the pool-chair issue on the "Attention to Detail" cards, that we filled out half-way through the cruise. We immediately got a call back from the person who supervises the pool butlers. He apologized profusely for the problems, but when we walked by the pool on the last sea day -- it was clear that nothing had changed. :rolleyes: