30 hour sale and ES

ratherbcrzn75

I booked ES for Nov 10th back when they had the$50 deposits and 2 category upgrade. The 30 hour sale is $200 cheaper but you don't pick your own cabin. If I fill out the price protection form, will they let me give up my cabin and get the difference in OBC? I don't really care about m cabin location.

There is much debate about this and you will probably get lots of "no's". But... Early September they had a very similar 72hr sale and I called just to find out what rate I had originally booked. They offered me the credit without me even asking for it, and informed me that I would still be eligible for future price drops. My BFF who is booked the same as me called a completely different Carnival rep, and they gave her the reduced rate as well. I say at least call and ask. Worst they can say is no!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, the catch is if you're not picking your own cabin, you don't get the ES price match.

However you might be able to change your booking altogether. You won't be ES anymore but you could get the price... You might still have to pay the cancellation fee, so factor that in.

I just checked out prices after reading this thread. Looks like $140 cheaper between both rooms. I emailed my booking agent to try to adjust for us. I haven't cruised carnival in over 10 years so not sure how this works. What are the reasons it may be turned down? Do they give it to you in onboard credit or what?

Waiting to see what they say. I booked 2 weeks ago and have a December final payment date.

On other threads some have insisted that switching from a cabin you chose to a cabin that Carnival chooses is not allowed for ES price protection. I was given the adjustment without really having to ask and BFF was as well from a totally different Carnival rep. This is after my online submission was rejected. I was also assured that we would still be eligible for future price adjustments "once Early Saver, always Early Saver." Hoping that we get one more drop in the next month. Then I'll have just enough OBC to cover Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked ES for Nov 10th back when they had the$50 deposits and 2 category upgrade. The 30 hour sale is $200 cheaper but you don't pick your own cabin. If I fill out the price protection form, will they let me give up my cabin and get the difference in OBC? I don't really care about m cabin location.

Not sure what they will do, but if it's okayed, you should get the OBC as you've already paid off the cruise so the money is yours. Right?

I was booked under one of the past guest sales that came out earlier this month and had a final payment date of Oct. 30. Just called and they switched me to this new 30-hour sale rate with the understanding that my chosen cabin is no longer and I had to make the final payment today. Saved $300 so I'm not complaining!

Just to follow up, I called Carnival today. At first the rep said I didn't get the request in during the 30 Hr sale and I pointed out to her the same was still going on and includes my sailing. She asked if I was willing to give up my current cabins since we're next door to each other. I said yes I was fine with that. She put me back on hold again and then came back on to say ES is not eligible for price drop using that promotion. Oh well, I'm not upset or anything. It was worth a shot lol[emoji4]

Just to follow up, I called Carnival today. At first the rep said I didn't get the request in during the 30 Hr sale and I pointed out to her the same was still going on and includes my sailing. She asked if I was willing to give up my current cabins since we're next door to each other. I said yes I was fine with that. She put me back on hold again and then came back on to say ES is not eligible for price drop using that promotion. Oh well, I'm not upset or anything. It was worth a shot lol[emoji4]

Call back and speak to a different rep. It has been my exp, that if I call enough times, eventually I will get what I want.

Call back and speak to a different rep. It has been my exp, that if I call enough times, eventually I will get what I want.

I'd try it again and do it before the sale ends. I've never had a problem with them honoring sale price drops (30 hour and Past Guest). They just don't honor Super Saver and P&G.

The fine print.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

30 HOUR SALE

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates may vary by ship, stateroom type and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Offer is for the cruise fare only and does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses range from $38.42 to $291.42, and are assessed on a per guest basis for all guests according to the itinerary. Offer is applicable in guarantee categories IS/OV/BL only. Carnival will assign the stateroom at a later time. Some restrictions including stateroom/category availability apply. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer bookings made as part of a group will include amenities. Offer is applicable on select 4-8 day sailings between October - December 2014. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between 3:00 PM EST on September 29, 2014 and 9:00 PM EST on September 30, 2014. Please request rate code P3P. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta

Notice the new bookings only part. And price matching to a guarantee cabin is not allowed under ES. So they get around that. Now if you upgrade you might get around their rules. But there's that whole guarantee pool thing. And if you booked under reduced down payment, that's another problem.