The Grand...

DragonflyCruiser

Yup, Da Vinci was open from 12 to 1:30 for lunch :) on the day we boarded and every day...hmmmm, never once went there for lunch...but then, it's not like I really needed more food...LOL

Are you sure about that? MDR is never open for lunch on port days other than embarkation day.

We had lunch in the MDR on port days in the past. It's like any time dining, they will sit you at the table, shared for the most part, unless you are with your own group. The time might be limited though, but the menu is usually good.

We had lunch in the MDR on port days in the past. It's like any time dining, they will sit you at the table, shared for the most part, unless you are with your own group. The time might be limited though, but the menu is usually good.

We used to, but not in awhile. We were told there isn't enough people staying on. I'd much rather eat lunch in the dining room. How long since your last cruise when it was open?

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

Read a post on another thread that said that the Grand is to go into dry dock in April, 2015. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, what they're going to do? Any chance they'll add a Thermal Suites? :confused:

We'll be sailing on her in Nov., 2015 in a full suite and would love to have a Thermal Suites to go to.

Read a post on another thread that said that the Grand is to go into dry dock in April, 2015. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, what they're going to do? Any chance they'll add a Thermal Suites? :confused:

We'll be sailing on her in Nov., 2015 in a full suite and would love to have a Thermal Suites to go to.

New elevators and plumbing would be nice. :rolleyes:

Just off the Grand and had a wonderful time. Entertainment was just great. Met some new, fun people and saw some old friends. I like some of the changes but definitely miss the middle staircase. Every time I walked toward the forward elevators I kept looking for the stairs.

We were in a mini suite, cabin D601 and it was definitely in need of repair. The sofa was very tattered looking with threads hanging from edges. Very old looking. The balcony flooring was broken in places and no repair was in evidence. We felt the food was very mediocre at best. Sent several things back. New York steak looked so beautiful when presented. It was hard and grisly. But, there was always something to order.

Most of the things I mentioned are kind of nit picky and not deal breakers. The buffet always had good things to eat and we met some really nice people by sharing tables.

The good definitely made up for the bad and I would definitely sail on the Grand again. She's one of my favorite ships (the Ruby being my favorite, followed by the Royal).