Excursions age limit help

JennyG123

OP - Ignore the snarky first response.

On the Carnival website, the excursions list a "minimum" age, so as long as they meet that requirement, they should be okay. If you want to confirm details of the tour you could always contact Carnival or ask your question in the Carnival support forums. Depending on what the tour does or where it goes, only you know how comfortable or confident you are allowing them to go alone.

OP - Ignore the snarky first response.

On the Carnival website, the excursions list a "minimum" age, so as long as they meet that requirement, they should be okay. If you want to confirm details of the tour you could always contact Carnival or ask your question in the Carnival support forums. Depending on what the tour does or where it goes, only you know how comfortable or confident you are allowing them to go alone.

So if an excursion says it's for age 6 and up, it's ok to send 6 year olds without their parent/guardian?

Should not be a problem!

It's a ship's excursion. They'll be safe!

LuLu

Oh wow. This will depend on the port.

And depend in the excursion. Will the kids venture off on their own when the excursion stops somewhere

i have to say that i am probably the most over protective parent...I would not send my kids out alone if I didnt think they would act appropriately or if i thought where or what they would be doing was unsafe for them. Not to mention, I would not expect other people to "watch" or "babysit" them! My son is actually is a senior in HS and they are not your typical 17yos. At this point, I am just looking at our options and it most likely would not happen that they would be going alone since there is a group of us going.

Thank you to everyone who has answered my question. I appreciate your support.

i have to say that i am probably the most over protective parent...I would not send my kids out alone if I didnt think they would act appropriately or if i thought where or what they would be doing was unsafe for them. Not to mention, I would not expect other people to "watch" or "babysit" them! My son is actually is a senior in HS and they are not your typical 17yos. At this point, I am just looking at our options and it most likely would not happen that they would be going alone since there is a group of us going.

Thank you to everyone who has answered my question. I appreciate your support.

like i stated-- it really depends on the port. there are some ports I would not send my kids with a cruise lines excursion- (st Croix is one)

Heck- i dont even know if i would do an excursion there.

But like posted above-- have the kids go to the kids clubs because they did excursions together in some ports

like i stated-- it really depends on the port. there are some ports I would not send my kids with a cruise lines excursion- (st Croix is one)

Heck- i dont even know if i would do an excursion there.

But like posted above-- have the kids go to the kids clubs because they did excursions together in some ports

We did see that there is a teen club excursion and plan on checking it out when we get on the ship. I'm hoping they will like the teen club and get involved to maybe be able to hang out with other kids their age. Apparently from what I've read, they vote on what/where the excursion will be on the first night of the cruise. Thanks

We did see that there is a teen club excursion and plan on checking it out when we get on the ship. I'm hoping they will like the teen club and get involved to maybe be able to hang out with other kids their age. Apparently from what I've read, they vote on what/where the excursion will be on the first night of the cruise. Thanks

that is exactly how it works.

Make sure those kids get to the ice breaker first meeting the first night. Tell them its like the muster drill-- make it mandatory. (they will thank you later)

the counselor will do a job getting the kids to know each other at that time.

that is exactly how it works.

Make sure those kids get to the ice breaker first meeting the first night. Tell them its like the muster drill-- make it mandatory. (they will thank you later)

the counselor will do a job getting the kids to know each other at that time.

thanks so much!