Coral mini suite D527

hugger

Has anyone out there been in this mini before. We are wondering about the balcony covered/uncovered and the size. We normally ask for 2 of the pool lounger's to be set up. Is there room? We do it on the Grand Class ships all the time. Even if we do have to basically climb over one another to get around.

Would love to hear from anyone else who's been in or around this mini.

THANKS

We were in D525 on the Island (sister ship to Coral).

The balcony was uncovered, but didn't bother us, as the person right above us was never on the balcony!! It could have been a problem.

Two loungers would fit, but it would be crowded.

We really enjoyed the cabin. Hope you like yours!!

Actually we like to have the balcony uncovered as then we can get some sun out there. Sometimes it's just nice to get away from the crowd. Yet still be able to get some sun while reading a good book and taking nap.

How did you like the Island - we're considering it for next year possibly.

We were just down the passageway from you, in D517 last month. It’s a very nice room. The balcony was 100% uncovered, but did not cause us a problem. It was set up with 2 side chairs and a round table (maybe 3 – 3 ½ feet in diameter). You could probably set up a couple of lounge chairs out there, but it may be a bit crowded. Perhaps with a smaller (end) table it would be better.

Overall, we found it to be very comfortable. My only suggestion is to bring an extension cord and cube tap with you. Somewhat limited electrical outlets and the hairdryer in the suite – not the bathroom - struck us as being a bit unusual. :p

Have a great cruise.

We're in D406 and looking forward to it. Do the room stewards mind setting up the loungers on the balcony? Do you tip him for doing that at the time of service?

What is a cube tap? Never heard of any such animal, LOL

Hairdryers in the bathroom seem to be a thing of the past....I believe they feel it's a water/electricy issue. Also, the bathroom isn't being tied up by having someone do his/her hair. Just my feelings on the topic.

Thanks.

ladysail,

I agree about the hairdryers. Putting them in the stateroom was a stroke of genius. One person in the bathroom and one drying hair...both are ready to go in a shorter amount of time. And, since combs, brushes, hairgel, spray, ect aren't in the bathroom, there's a lot less clutter there as well.

A Cube Tap is one of those neat things hat let's you plug 3 things into a single outlet. That way you can recharge you digital camera battery, cell phone, etc. without unplugging your travle alarm clock. (DW cannot go to sleep without a lit alarm clock next to her pillow, so I also bring an extension cord, to get electicity to her side of the bed.)

I agree that having the hairdryer in the suite is a much better way to go.

I also take along a power strip - as then you have the ease of flipping one switch to make sure everything is turned off.

Can't wait to cruise!!!

Archived