Are there any 6pp Daysails in Tortola?

love4god

My wife and I were going to do a daysail in St Thomas. Then we began thinking about it and we would much rather have an entire free day on St Thomas than on Tortola so we would much rather Daysail out of Tortola and have the free day in St Thomas.

However, when we checked for daysails in Tortola they all seem like the large 15+ groups like Patouche and Karula. They may be great, but not exactly what we're looking for. We were considering Winifred, Fantasy, Rumbaba, or Independance on St Thomas. They all take a maximum of 6 people and put couples together (we're only 2) to make a daysail (for about $100-$125).

Are there any smaller daysail trips on Tortola like the St thomas ones above? I saw some links to some websites, but they're all gone. LIke the White Squall II.

Just like you wanted a smaller. private excursion. If you are going around Sept. you are pretty much out of luck. I spent many hours looking and calling and that is when they take most of the boats out of the water. I guess since this is the main hurricane season it is easier to not have them in the water. Talked to several boat owners and this is when they do maintenance and go on vacation. Good luck, we ended up making our reservations with Patouch.

Just a word of advice, St. Thomas is the most unatrractive island in the Caribbean these days with up to 5 ships each day which means 11,000 people all trying to shop or crowd the beaches. Tortola is quiet and very lovely.--only 2 ships at a time. I used to love St. Thomas, but now you can't get me off the boat unless I have a private sail boat waiting to take us to secluded places in St. John. For my two cents, I would stick with a boat in St. Thomas and enjoy Tortola. I have been to both and that's my take on it.

Mom C

We just got back from our cruise this weekend. You are absolutely right. We got "stuck" daysailing in St THomas instead of Tortola and I couldn't be more pleased. St Thomas was very crowded everywhere we were and our daysail out to St John's Nat'l park was awesome. There were a couple of other boats, but compared to St Thomas it was secluded.

Meanwhile, Tortola was amazing. So quaint, undeveloped, and beautiful. We went to the Baths in Virgin Gorda and I'm so happy we didn't miss out on that.

It didn't work out how I wanted it to, but thankfully, that was a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Winifred on our last visit to St. Thomas and greatly enjoyed it. We were just 2 and we were paired up with 2 others. We had a relaxing and enjoyable day. It's a VERY low key sail so if you are looking for a fast sailin' cruise it probably isn't for you. We did 2 snorkels and had a well prepared cooked lunch.

Archived