Breakaway Aft Penthouse Suite

xavier

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times... Never cruised NCL and I'm trying to find out as much info as I can. The more I search the more confused I become. Looking to book an aft penthouse suite on the Breakaway to Bermuda. I'm looking for balconies that get a mix of sun and shade. I was looking at the suites on deck 9 but it appears that there's only a small strip of sun that comes onto the balcony. Sure would appreciate any info you kind folks could shed on this. Thank you.

We're booked in a 9 aft on the Getaway - same layout. I had the same concern as you - the various pictures that are floating around give the impression that the balcony is almost entirely covered.

I did find a thread where this question was asked and the answer was that you generally can get enough sun - though obviously if the ship were sailing directly east in the afternoon or directly west in the morning, there would be entirely shade.

As on balance I prefer shade over sun, we were comfortable booking.

I'll post a specific view when we return, but our trip isn't until early winter.

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times... Never cruised NCL and I'm trying to find out as much info as I can. The more I search the more confused I become. Looking to book an aft penthouse suite on the Breakaway to Bermuda. I'm looking for balconies that get a mix of sun and shade. I was looking at the suites on deck 9 but it appears that there's only a small strip of sun that comes onto the balcony. Sure would appreciate any info you kind folks could shed on this. Thank you.

The Epic has a straight back unlike other ship that are slopped so you will be able to sun and shade but at one point you'll have to hub the railing to grab sum. You will be able to get more shade and longer if you sit nearest cabin windows.

See pic.

DSC06673.jpg.060b5bc2c412472edc7dfb0ff91d2bcf.jpg

05.jpg.30b571d414a6d65591a67a78bfeec91c.jpg

Edited by Ilovesailing

We were just in 9318 which is next to H6 9316.

We had a good mix of sun and shade. The overhang above the H6 was less just because of how it is situated and the small amount of wrap-around to the side.

The balcony is spectacular.

We had 9316 (H6) on the Breakaway and have it booked again for the Getaway. Would agree that is was a good mix of sun and shade - especially while docked in Bermuda. That balcony is - by far - our best EVER!! 😄

Sent from my iPad using Forums