Tipping guideline for individual services?

janetcbl

Scrapnana and Dcoy, do you mean you tipped EVERY time room service came to you?

If so, that's about as much as a cabin steward gets for servicing my cabin for the whole day. Imagine how many rooms that room service can visit in a day. If we all did that, they'd make a fortune. :eek:

I've never known what to do about room service.

If so, that's about as much as a cabin steward gets for servicing my cabin for the whole day. Imagine how many rooms that room service can visit in a day. If we all did that, they'd make a fortune. :eek:

:D I kind of like that thought!

I too was a solo traveler and only had breakfast delivered from room service. Usually tipped $2.

Don

I had loads of OBC and tried many times to sign the slip to offload some of it, for the whole RS crew and each time was told no by the steward. I agree with the person who says thats all the guy/girl who cleans my toilet gets, in so many words, so I dont tip for RS

Yes, EVERY time. I only had room service on port days so I could eat on my balcony as we docked. I usually have breakfast delivered around 6 and made changes to the preprinted menu.

The tip was always appreciated.

Don

I use room service once or twice a day. That would really add up over the course of a cruise. It could also mean I'd be paying about double per day what my room steward gets. That doesn't seem right.

I think on my next cruise I'll have a word at the purser's desk and see what the situation is, and if it's covered by auto tips, or if I can leave a shared amount in one hit.