rooms by elevators

Harbour20

This will be our first cruise on Oceania with Rivera. We are looking for A3 category and all I am currently seeing for a May 22, 2015 cruise are starboard rooms and near elevator. There is one port side, which we prefer, but that too is next to elevator. Has anyone had rooms near the elevators and are they noisy and too busy of an area? I have not booked the trip yet as I am concerned about the location, (1) elevator and (2) starboard.

This cruise is mostly all the small ports of the French and Italian Riveria.

Has anyone done a similiar cruise? What has been your experiences?

I myself have never been bothered by elevator noise when we were close to an elevator. As a caveat, we haven't been near the elevators on Marina or Riviera, just on the "R" ships on occasion.

There have been comments from others about being bothered by noise from people speaking loudly in the hallways or while they were waiting for the elevator. Try doing a search to find some of those threads ...

Mura

This will be our first cruise on Oceania with Rivera. We are looking for A3 category and all I am currently seeing for a May 22, 2015 cruise are starboard rooms and near elevator. There is one port side, which we prefer, but that too is next to elevator. Has anyone had rooms near the elevators and are they noisy and too busy of an area? I have not booked the trip yet as I am concerned about the location, (1) elevator and (2) starboard.

This cruise is mostly all the small ports of the French and Italian Riveria.

Has anyone done a similiar cruise? What has been your experiences?

Why do you prefer the Port Side?:confused:

We were right across from an aft elevator on our July cruise on the Marina and heard no noise at all except one night when a group were saying their good nights as they left the elevator (and that did not last long). I would not hesitate to have that room again,as said above it was convenient.

Why do you prefer the Port Side?:confused:

We have only cruised once before and had port side for our Venice to Rome trip with all ports docked port side. It was great to have the views while at port from our balcony. I realize it may not always be the case, but believe more times than not would be the same scenario. The small ports of the French and Italian Riveria would be nice to enjoy with our morning coffee and afternoon drink on our balcony with views of the towns.

Please, advice from more experienced cruisers is always welcomed.