Crew Members Only areas!

Ex techie

Just a repost of another members post on another site.

When it says "Crew Members Only" on a door or rope, it isn't just to hide the magic. It can be to protect you from what is beyond.

Man Who Fell From Cruise Ship Mast Just Wanted to See Sunrise, Was Pushed by Radar

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2014/09/kendall_wernet_miami_cruise_ship_death.php

So sorry for his family and friends loss.

But also the bridge CM on that ship that turned the radar on. They should feel NO guilt not knowing he was up there.

But what a horrible thing to have to live with afterwards.

Certain spaces on a ship can be industrial and down right dangerous if you are unaware.

Please do not let curiosity or enthusiasm get the better of you, and respect the signage even though there may not be a CM there to stop you.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I did not personally know this young man, but he attended my alma mater, Clemson University, and so I know a lot of people who are really hurting from this loss. He was a bright young man who held several leadership positions, so this was terrible new for many of us. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

I did not personally know this young man, but he attended my alma mater, Clemson University, and so I know a lot of people who are really hurting from this loss. He was a bright young man who held several leadership positions, so this was terrible new for many of us. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

A horrible ending to what should have been an amazing cruise and reward for his hard work.

Such a shame and awful for all involved.

ex techie