Exercise class question

Huskerchick

I find I usually lose a little weight on a cruise, especially the longer ones:), but I'm really nervous about this explore4 thing.:eek: We're not big drinkers, and as others have said - we'll come home needing to join AA! And think of all those calories. Oh, well, we all have to make sacrifices!

Like you, I usually lose weight on a cruise since I do not eat aboard nearly as well as at home, the land of beignets and fried oyster poboys dripping in butter. My concern is loss of physical conditioning. At my age, if I lose three weeks of training, it sets me back three months!

Behave:D. I do exercise quite a bit but I do the eliptical, bike or walk. I hope someone will come around to help.

They are comparable but when we are on holiday last thing I want to do is exercise, I do walk the Track and once or twice do the tread mill. Keep doing my stretching though.

You lucky ladies who lose weight on a cruise are killing me.

I will chime in that club soda makes a good mixer as it has no calories but nothing wrong with a splurge or two. Espresso martini's are my favorite splurge.

Thanks again for the feedback on the classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You lucky ladies who lose weight on a cruise are killing me.

<snip>

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too.:( On my last cruise (22 days) I hit the gym every morning at 6. I admit I didn't do as many laps on the Promenade deck as I usually do, but I took the stairs and ate sensibly. And I gained.

Me too.:( On my last cruise (22 days) I hit the gym every morning at 6. I admit I didn't do as many laps on the Promenade deck as I usually do, but I took the stairs and ate sensibly. And I gained.

Me too. I gain between 8-10 lbs on every cruise. Sounds like you are an active exerciser. I am as well. Some folks can get away with more than others. One of my colleagues is always eating and she's pregnant. The last time she went for an appt she had lost weight. I look at food an gain weight. I have to laugh at people that say they just take the stairs and don't gain weight. That would do zero for me!

That is a major problem with exercise - the more you do, the more you have to do! I never exercised - always said it was against my religion - until I was told I had severe osteoporosis. Then I started going to an osteofit class - now I can't stop, in fact I have to keep doing more and more, I feel, increasing reps, etc. It's a darn nuisance!:D

That is a major problem with exercise - the more you do, the more you have to do! I never exercised - always said it was against my religion - until I was told I had severe osteoporosis. Then I started going to an osteofit class - now I can't stop, in fact I have to keep doing more and more, I feel, increasing reps, etc. It's a darn nuisance!:D

Amen to that! I do not exercise to lose weight, I do it so I can stand up and walk. Back off even a day or so, and I suffer for it.