Constellation - things/places not to miss while on board

Olive

I have read the Celebrity "secrets" thread (I have it bookmarked), but I was wondering whether people might have suggestions about things specific to the Constellation.

When I was on Millennium I didn't even realize there was food in the spa area, and I'm sure that I missed quite a bit more. Are there quiet outdoor spaces or a "hidden" pool (they have those on Princess ships, it seems)? Especially romantic spots inside or out? Specific dishes not to miss? Anything with concierge class that I should be specifically aware of (wouldn't want to accidentally not take advanatage of a perk)?

With six days at sea there will be ample time to go exploring, but I would love to learn from others' experiences.

Also, if anyone has any specific comments on cabin 7197 (how's the steward? any strange noise issues?), please let me know. Thanks in advance!

- Heather

And don't miss Sudi in the Martini Bar. He is a real hoot. Loves to do magic tricks and is a whiz at stuff with a martini shaker. Also, if Jeff Hughes is still the ET say hello to him for me. We chatted for two hours in the martini bar one night. He is a great guy!

I'll second the Aqua Spa and the Sushi Bar. We always go 2nd seating and I loved to sneak over to the Sushi Bar when my wife was in the shower.

We also had second seating and I had a very similar routine. I would go to the Martini Bar around 6:00, have a wonderful Van Gogh gin martini, then go to the Sushi bar at about 6:30, return to the Martini Bar at 7:00 for a second martini, and then by the time I got back to the room at 7:30 or 7:45, my wife would have made enough progress in getting ready to where I could take my shower. :)

I particularly liked the red sauce in the Sushi Bar. I asked what it was called and they told me "kimchi". I was in Korea for 16 months, and this was nothing like Korean kimchi. The Sushi Bar sauce was dark red, and very spicy.

Allen

We also had second seating and I had a very similar routine. I would go to the Martini Bar around 6:00' date=' have a wonderful Van Gogh gin martini, then go to the Sushi bar at about 6:30, return to the Martini Bar at 7:00 for a second martini, and then by the time I got back to the room at 7:30 or 7:45, my wife would have made enough progress in getting ready to where I could take my shower. :)

I particularly liked the red sauce in the Sushi Bar. I asked what it was called and they told me "kimchi". I was in Korea for 16 months, and this was nothing like Korean kimchi. The Sushi Bar sauce was dark red, and very spicy.

Allen[/quote']

BTW, we were just on Infinity and the Sushi bar was just as good!

I have not been on a Celebrity ship before. On Constellation other than the obviously advertised alternative eating restaurants with the fixed price menu what foods / drinks are extra and not included in the cruise?

Is room service food free? Do you pay an extra cash tip when it is delivered or is that included in your big overall tip at the end of the cruise?

Is there free food available of some kind pretty much 24 hour a day? (boy do I sound like a pig now!!) On RCCL's Brilliance there was usually at least hamburgers & such available 24 hours per day as part of the included food.

Does Celebrity have something like RCCL had where you can buy a "coke card" for unlimited soft drinks during the cruise or do you have to pay for each one you drink?

Not included - alcohol, wine, soda, specialty coffees (cappuccino, latte, etc.) in the dining room, coffees at the Cova Cafe, anything form the mini bar.

Included - juice at mealtime, coffee, tea, iced tea 24 hrs.

No room service fee...but I tip $1 per tray to the person who delivers it if it's not my room steward or a butler. (I tip them at the end of the cruise)

Room service 24 hours.

Specialty alternative restaurant -very fancy - $30pp

Alternate casual dining for dinner - sit down, waiter served, casual dress always - $2pp

Yes, soft drink cards available for purchase

WeBeCruising, LOL, I love your itinerary while your wife gets ready. I have the same problem. Mine takes an hour and a half minimum to get ready for dinner, I take 15 min. I think I'll start to do the same thing as you!!!!

Does anyone know whether the pool area stewards can fulfill requests for those blue pads for loungers on the upper decks? So much more comfortable with those - I was surprised when I went on Princess (first cruise on that line) that all of the lounge chairs were padded or were plastic and some kind of stretched canvas, which was lots more comfortable than those plastic strip things.

Also, I was planning on making Ocean Liners reservations before boarding. Are there particularly nice tables for two that anyone can recommend? Or a particular waiter/set of waiters?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Archived