Advice for a couple (no kids) in Cozumel? One newbie

adverb

My boyfriend and I are going to Cozumel on the Disney Wonder on Oct 14. Unfortunately 3 other ships will be there too (Boo!). Trying to decide what to do. I've been to Cozumel once before in 2005 and just did the downtown San Miguel thing.

This year I'm considering a few options and wanted your input. Since we spent a fair bit on the cruise, I'm looking to keep costs down.

The Disney Fantasy is docking at Punta Langosta. Is this where Disney always docks? Can't find info for Disney Wonder yet.

Anyway here are options:

1) Chocolates Kaokao Factory tour - cheap and looks interesting. I love chocolate. From my understanding this would be a $10 cab ride to and from the ship, and then $10pp for the tour. Is there anything else within walking distance around this area?

2) Money Bar - How much of a cab ride would this be from Punta Langosta? Also, snorkeling gear looks to be about $15/pp on the website. Both BF and I have done snorkeling before, but it was in Key Largo a couple years ago. We don't mind the lack of beaches.

3) Cozumel Bar Hop - Saw lots of good reviews, but it seems a little on the pricier side for the two of us. Also, I saw pictures of people drinking large drinks and eating food. This is not included in the tour and would add to the price, right? Not a big drinker but the BF is.

We will be there from 9-6:30. I was thinking of doing 1 & 2, or maybe just 1, coming back to the ship and eating, and then going to downtown San Miguel so the BF can get the touristy experience. I'm sure he'd love the Cozumel Bar Hop, but I don't know if it's a good idea since we are trying to keep costs down and it sounds like it could add up.

Any input would be great. Or if there's something I missed please feel free to offer other suggestions :)

Depending upon how long you snorkel you could have time to do 1 & 2 and still have time left to explore downtown.

Taxi to the Money Bar should be about $10 from the pier (for up to 4 in the cab, so maybe pair up with another couple on your roll call).

Thanks for your input.

Oh, looks like I can't edit my posts but I forgot to say that my boyfriend has never been to Cozumel even though I have.

ALSO, I was considering the foot spa where the fish eat your feat at the Mr. Sancho's beach resort. This would have snorkeling to so it would take care of having to go to Money Bar.

Edited by adverb

Snorkeling from the shore anywhere (like Mr. Sanchos) that has a nice sandy beach will be poor -- the sand and waves cloud the water and there are no rocks and reefs for the little fish. Many of the beach clubs do offer a snorkel tour out to the reefs for about $35 each.

No beach and great snorkeling from the shore at the Money Bar -- lots to do on Coz, the choices are yours. ;)