Freedom of the seas vs adventure of the seas

Took our first cruise with Royal last year on the Freedom. Afraid it may have spoiled me. Magnificent ship. This Feb. we are taking the Adventure out of Puerto Rico. How much diff. between the two ships other than a little length and no flow rider?

Took our first cruise with Royal last year on the Freedom. Afraid it may have spoiled me. Magnificent ship. This Feb. we are taking the Adventure out of Puerto Rico. How much diff. between the two ships other than a little length and no flow rider?

Missing from Adventure: Kiddie pool (H2O zone), Sorrento's, Chops, boxing ring, some shops on the Promenade.

Edited by clarea

Had no interest in the flow rider. I think the shopping area would probably be the largest interest. Looks like the layouts are pretty similar. Freedom was very easy to navigate compared to the Carnival ship we were on the year before.

Had no interest in the flow rider. I think the shopping area would probably be the largest interest. Looks like the layouts are pretty similar. Freedom was very easy to navigate compared to the Carnival ship we were on the year before.

The layouts are almost identical, except for the 90' extension they put just forward of the aft centrum on Freedom. Adventure will feel very familiar to you.

One other note on Adventure. I'd avoid balconies on deck 6. The outside facing balcony walls are all steel as opposed to half-steel half-glass on decks above 6.

Primary difference is itinerary. Really love the so. Caribbean ports so we often sail AOS. We also love leaving from Puerto Rico as we enjoy a few days prior and post. There are usually better fares also. FOS is definitely one of our favorite ships and are doing b2b in a few weeks. When we want total r & r we do Freedom, as we have been to the ports so often and they don't have much draw anymore....at least for excursion type things. When we want beach and sea activities we choose AOS. Love the warmer water and less commercialized islands. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with either. They are quite similar in many ways, as already noted. One other difference is some find the more "extravagant" shows better on FOS?

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Voyager class ships are our favorites. Adventure is a great ship and we LOVE sailing out of San Juan and the southern route is our favorite route. You will LOVE it.

We are sailing Freedom next year and are excited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking at an Adventure cruise next year - would really like to do a southern itinerary. We've done Freedom and Oasis. Our kids loved getting pizza at Sorrento's. While the is no Sorrento's on AoS, what are the other "quick service" options besides the Promendae Cafe?

Looking at an Adventure cruise next year - would really like to do a southern itinerary. We've done Freedom and Oasis. Our kids loved getting pizza at Sorrento's. While the is no Sorrento's on AoS, what are the other "quick service" options besides the Promendae Cafe?

No other "free" venues on Adventure other than Windjammer (buffet), Cafe Promenade, main dining room, and room service.

Edited by clarea

IMO, you have done Freedom and Adventure offers some new ports. You understand the lack of flowrider. The ships are otherwise similar in many ways so you will feel comfortable with it. I'm about to go back to Freedom after 7 years just to refresh my memory. My advice, join the roll call, read Adventure reviews and familiarize yourself to set proper expectations. I've done Majesty, one of the smaller, twice wrapped around 2 cruises on Allure, the bigger one, and loved all of them.

The shopping area, while not as big as Freedom is still big compared to the other ships.

Cafe Promenade does have free pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Primary difference is itinerary. Really love the so. Caribbean ports so we often sail AOS. We also love leaving from Puerto Rico as we enjoy a few days prior and post. There are usually better fares also. FOS is definitely one of our favorite ships and are doing b2b in a few weeks. When we want total r & r we do Freedom, as we have been to the ports so often and they don't have much draw anymore....at least for excursion type things. When we want beach and sea activities we choose AOS. Love the warmer water and less commercialized islands. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with either. They are quite similar in many ways, as already noted. One other difference is some find the more "extravagant" shows better on FOS?

We did FOS last March and are doing AOS this March (all about the itinerary). Not sure where you are coming from, but we are in MN and getting fares from $550-700. Is that about what we can expect or should we hold out for a bit cheaper?

Also, even though Adventure doesn't have an h2o zone, isn't there a waterslide of some sort? Then again, who will have time to swim with all those ports? :)

We did FOS last March and are doing AOS this March (all about the itinerary). Not sure where you are coming from, but we are in MN and getting fares from $550-700. Is that about what we can expect or should we hold out for a bit cheaper?

Also, even though Adventure doesn't have an h2o zone, isn't there a waterslide of some sort? Then again, who will have time to swim with all those ports? :)

There has been a kiddie waterslide in the past, but I'm not sure it's still there.

Edited by clarea

GetmeoutofMN! Hello. You responded to my post and we are from MN also. As far as airfare, last year we pd about 375 per person on Delta but it was a very long 12 hr day as we had to change planes in Dallas. We went in Nov before Sun Country starts their flights. They are non stop and usually less than 500 a person, but often do not sell tickets until Nov. You could call them or check website. The only downside with sun country is they usually only fly 1 or 2 times per week which can impact connections with ships. I know fares are a bit more this year, and March is a popular time, but 700 is way more than you should have to pay. Keep searching a bit but don't wait too long as with limited flights they fill quickly. Another option is to find a cheap flight to Orlando or Miami and see if you can find a reasonable fare from there to San Juan as there are more flights available on different carriers than we have in MN. For this you may want a travel agent to search for you. Good luck! You will love AOS

homeschoolmama: thanks for the tips. I checked sun country and for now they are showing only Sunday flights which makes us a little nervous. We like to get in at least the day before, even though we have a late departure from San Juan. I'll keep checking...