Just off Silhoutte Adriatic 9-23-10-4

sunshine nana

We just got home from a great cruise. The weather was perfect except for one day of rain in Koper. Some crew said rain is common there as it is in the mts.Two couples on our private tour did not have jackets, they suffered. One other note on Koper. Our private tour guide did not have the correct insurance papers and we waited for over an hour to start the tour.

Just a few changes to mention since our Equinox Istanbul cruise in 2012. We had an S1 again because we love the space and wrap around balcony. We loved it again, but this time, we had traditional dining and we loved that. Last time we ate dinner in Blu almost every night, but this time, we checked the menu every day and it did not seem to be as good. Thus we ate in MDR and were happy. Also, our complimentary dinners in Tuscan and Murano were not as good as last time (food). Service was still fine. They had a couple of 50% off at the specialities .

We really enjoyed the new ports of Koper, Kotor and Split. The scenery was beautiful and they were not as crowded as the Amalfi Coast, Malta and Dubrovnik. We took the new ride to the top in Dubrovnik and thought it was fun.

Embarkation was made easier by a shuttle from the People Mover to the ship in Venice. We also used the ship's shuttle back and forth to St. Mark's Square.

Disembarkation went fast and was well organized. We were at the airport in Rome by 9:30.

The entertainment was only fair. We miss a good string quartet. There was no lounge hogging by the pools, but the water was chilly.

Our steward was great. Our only real disappointment was our butler. He did not set up the table with cloth etc for breakfast which we thought was a change in policy until we had another butler one morning and he did it. Also, we had to ask every day at least once for wine glasses.Last cruise, our butler brought ice tea every afternoon after I requested it the first day. I asked this butler to bring it every day and he only brought it once. All in all, we will probably not book a suite again since we did not see much extra except space.

We just got home from a great cruise. The weather was perfect except for one day of rain in Koper. Some crew said rain is common there as it is in the mts.Two couples on our private tour did not have jackets, they suffered. One other note on Koper. Our private tour guide did not have the correct insurance papers and we waited for over an hour to start the tour.

We took this cruise in May of 2013. it was wonderful for the most part, but we had SNOW in Koper! Talking about being unprepared. We froze and had to cut our tour short.

What do you mean by correct insurance papers and your private guide? What insurance papers? We didn't have/need anything like that with our PG. :confused:

The private excursion operator for Koper sent 3 vans for 8 passengers each. The first 2 left with no problem, but our driver had to spend over an hour on the phone to get permission for us to leave the parking lot. The company has round in the name.

So, in order for private guides to leave with passengers, insurance papers must be produced? I don't recall that, but I guess our guide showed papers that I was not aware of. Sorry that happened to you.

Our guide was recommended by Rick Steve's, and they were about 15 minutes late picking us up. At the time, the weather was beautiful, and then it turn evil. :eek: We stood out in the cold, wind and rain before our guide showed. We were so glad to be out of the weather that I didn't notice being stopped at a gate to produce papers. By the time we got to town, it was snowing.