Inside pricing / Ocean view room

Koali

I am looking to book Veendam room 681 (currently labeled as 683 on the Veendam deck plan) for a cruise next year. The price is listed as an inside room, but it is clearly on the outside. I didn't find any pictures on halfacts. Does this room not have any windows/portholes because it is so close to the end?

Thanks!

Edited by Koali

I am looking to book Veendam room 681 (currently labeled as 683 on the Veendam deck plan) for a cruise next year. The price is listed as an inside room, but it is clearly on the outside. I didn't find any pictures on halfacts. Does this room not have any windows/portholes because it is so close to the end?

Thanks!

looked on my deck plan for the Veendam and it shows 681 as being an inside cabin, right across the hall from 679.

DaveOKC

looked on my deck plan for the Veendam and it shows 681 as being an inside cabin, right across the hall from 679.

DaveOKC

HAL's deck plan is showing this cabin as an inside but when you make a dummy booking 681 is now across the hall (as OP stated, where 683 shows on the deck plan). So, how did a cabin originally on the plans as an OV become an inside? The new 683 is one cabin farther aft but it is still an OV.

The Veendam and Maasdam are similar ships and I have seen another instance with the Lanai cabins where the deck plans are not correct on some computer models. Do you have a current catalog showing deck plans? I think it is more accurate.

On the Veendam 681 is inside, 683 is outside. On the Maasdam 683 and 681 are both outside.

The Veendam and Maasdam are similar ships and I have seen another instance with the Lanai cabins where the deck plans are not correct on some computer models. Do you have a current catalog showing deck plans? I think it is more accurate.

On the Veendam 681 is inside, 683 is outside. On the Maasdam 683 and 681 are both outside.

I based my comment on it being an inside from the deck plan in my HAL Cruise Atlas 2014-2015, which I assume is current.

DaveOKC

I based my comment on it being an inside from the deck plan in my HAL Cruise Atlas 2014-2015, which I assume is current.

DaveOKC

You are correct. FYI the new Cruise Atlas is out (blue cover). I picked mine up at my local TA's office since HAL doesn't like to send them out.

Thanks Scrapnana for doing the screenshot. That is exactly what I saw as well. There must be an error in the system. Anyways, when I went to book with my travel agency, that room was no longer an option so I went with one of the other insides.

Thanks Scrapnana for doing the screenshot. That is exactly what I saw as well. There must be an error in the system. Anyways, when I went to book with my travel agency, that room was no longer an option so I went with one of the other insides.

HAL definitely has their wires crossed somewhere! Glad you found a less confusing cabin.:D