Gem Blue Lagoon

Babs1121

We will be on the Gem next month and I was wondering if the Blue Lagoon is still open on the ship..I have heard that they were changing it to something else..I read where a lot of people really liked the food there..What type of food do they have? Thanks for the info.

We will be on the Gem next month and I was wondering if the Blue Lagoon is still open on the ship..I have heard that they were changing it to something else..I read where a lot of people really liked the food there..What type of food do they have? Thanks for the info.

Eventually, the Blue Lagoon will be converted to O'Sheehan's, which is similar but has an added bar/pub. This was originally scheduled during a Nov 2014 dry dock. However, the dry dock was postponed for a year. The Blue Lagoon is a 23/7 eatery that serves comfort food - burgers, hot dogs, wings, fish & chips, etc. They also serve breakfast there.

does any one know if they have cheese sticks in the Blue Lagoon like they have in O'Sheehan's?

I am pretty sure they do. The spinach/artichoke dip lives up to its reputation and so do the fish and chips. A great place for a quick snack or a meal if one doesn't want to bother with the MDR or the buffet.

I am pretty sure they do. The spinach/artichoke dip lives up to its reputation and so do the fish and chips. A great place for a quick snack or a meal if one doesn't want to bother with the MDR or the buffet.

Thank you so much...My DD will be very happy...lol

Looking forward to this option next year. In the past I've found that my cruise food of choice is cheeseburgers and I could get them round the clock on RCL, but in Carnival they were only available at certain times and involved 10+ minute lines. Love that NCL makes them readily available!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to this option next year. In the past I've found that my cruise food of choice is cheeseburgers and I could get them round the clock on RCL, but in Carnival they were only available at certain times and involved 10+ minute lines. Love that NCL makes them readily available!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are also available on the room service menu:.

Blue Lagoon is also a great spot for breakfast. I hate dealing with all of the people at the buffet. Service is quick and the food is good.

Oh and yes, they have cheese sticks :)

Good to hear about breakfast. Looking for something other than the buffet when we go in Nov.