Rotterdam taxi

Is getting a taxi from Rotterdam airport difficult? I need transportation to a hotel next to cruise terminal. Should I pre-book, or can I wait until my flight arrives?:)

Are you sure youre flying into RTM and not AMS? RTM isnt a very busy airport, but yes there will be taxi service there.

From AMS youll want to book a car service as a taxi would be expensive as its a fair distance. Alternately take the train from AMS yo Rotterdam Centraal and grab a cheap taxi for the last couple of km from there

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are you sure youre flying into RTM and not AMS? RTM isnt a very busy airport, but yes there will be taxi service there.

From AMS youll want to book a car service as a taxi would be expensive as its a fair distance. Alternately take the train from AMS yo Rotterdam Centraal and grab a cheap taxi for the last couple of km from there

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am flying into RTM from LHR. Is RTM similar to SOU in size? I sailed on the IOS Transatlantic in April, flew out of SOU to DUB, then ATL. Thanks!:)

I am flying into RTM from LHR. Is RTM similar to SOU in size? I sailed on the IOS Transatlantic in April, flew out of SOU to DUB, then ATL. Thanks!:)

RTM is very quite similar to SOU. Single runway, one small terminal building. Compared to LHR/AMS/ATL, it'll be a breeze. There will be taxis right outside.

RTM is probably even smaller than SOU, but yes just a single runway. Thought I'd double check because very very few people even realize that RTM airport exists; and it's been a very [70s] very [on a DC9] long time since I flew from there.

P.S. It was May; not April; for the IOS Transatlantic, I was on it too....

RTM is probably even smaller than SOU, but yes just a single runway. Thought I'd double check because very very few people even realize that RTM airport exists; and it's been a very [70s] very [on a DC9] long time since I flew from there.

P.S. It was May; not April; for the IOS Transatlantic, I was on it too....

Thanks. The airfare was more reasonable when I booked last week than AMS, so I figured it may be easier than travel from AMS. I tried to edit my post when I realized the IOS TA was May, not April, but without success. What a relaxing cruise that was!:)

• 4 weeks later...
American Airlines just stopped offering service (via BritishAirways) into Rotterdam. Now need to fly into Amsterdam. Other airlines may still provide service, but not AA. Wonder what happens to those passengers already having tickets.

I think you're not realizing how small RTM airport is. Saying AA no longer offers service there is somewhat akin to saying British Airways no longer serve Trenton NJ.

Anyway, it's completely a moot point. From AMS airport to Rotterdam is less than an hour by every single train (about every 10 mins), and some of the quick ones are as fast as 21 minutes. twenty-one minutes is faster than you can get from JFK to Manhattan or from LAX to Long Beach, so getting to Rotterdam really isn't an issue; even if you ended up at AMS instead of RTM

American Airlines just stopped offering service (via BritishAirways) into Rotterdam. Now need to fly into Amsterdam. Other airlines may still provide service, but not AA.
I think you're not realizing how small RTM airport is. Saying AA no longer offers service there is somewhat akin to saying British Airways no longer serve Trenton NJ.
In addition, AA never really flew to RTM. It simply put its code onto BA flights. And there will still be BA flights to RTM. The only difference is that they go from LCY, so they can still be of use to those who stop in London on the way to Rotterdam, even if they choose to buy their tickets from AA (because of the effects of the Joint Business Agreement, means that it really doesn't matter whether your ticket has an AA flight number on it or a BA flight number).