RCL Signature VISA $75 OBC Offer

Haven't seen that promo.

It must be new- It says $75 OBC or $75 off your cruise fare. Just found the terms and it says there are restrictions (of course), will have to see if I can find out more

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

Edited by molly361

We are new cardholders and are waiting to get our certificate. We booked our cruise using our new RCCL Visa. Actually, I'm hoping to just receive the certificate at all because I can't seem to find anything indicating we're getting it even though we did meet the requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
Update- I am NOT a new cardholder and have received the 10,000 bonus points on my account after making my first purchase.

I am still working towards meeting the $1500 to get the $75 certificate.

Ellen, did you have to apply/register for the promo or was it automatic?

Update- I am NOT a new cardholder and have received the 10,000 bonus points on my account after making my first purchase.

I am still working towards meeting the $1500 to get the $75 certificate.

10,000 pts =$100.?

If so, not to bad!

We put as many of our monthly bills on CC to get pts. for travel!

We have a couple friends that we allow to use our card and they give us the cash to immediately send in a payment. They have helped us earn over 50,000 points in just the past 6 months. Should be at 125,000 in about 9 months and will cash in for a free 7 night cruise for two.

We have yet to pay a cent in interest.

We have a couple friends that we allow to use our card and they give us the cash to immediately send in a payment. They have helped us earn over 50,000 points in just the past 6 months. Should be at 125,000 in about 9 months and will cash in for a free 7 night cruise for two.

We have yet to pay a cent in interest.

That's awesome. I wish I had friends like that!

I suggest you dump the RCL Visa, apply for the Barclays Arrival Mastercard.

40,000 pt. signup bonus, then 2% on ALL purchases. In addition when you use points, you recieve 10% back. Used the RCL visa for years, but never again.

I say use both the RCI Visa and any other card(s) you like. I only use the RCI Visa for Royal purchases and get back 3% to 4%.

I suggest you dump the RCL Visa, apply for the Barclays Arrival Mastercard.

40,000 pt. signup bonus, then 2% on ALL purchases. In addition when you use points, you recieve 10% back. Used the RCL visa for years, but never again.

I have those as well but will probably cancel the Barclay one that has a fee and keep the one that does not when my "free" year is over

I got the offer, checked the terms very carefully and still was surprised. The interest rate was MUCH higher than expected and according to the booklet I received with the card, the OBC was only good on Celebrity cruises unless you spent $3000 or more. When I called, the girl said they had raised the interest rate and verified the $75 OBC would not be able to be used on the IOS cruise I have booked for next October.

I cancelled the account rather than activate.

• 3 weeks later...
We are new cardholders and are waiting to get our certificate. We booked our cruise using our new RCCL Visa. Actually, I'm hoping to just receive the certificate at all because I can't seem to find anything indicating we're getting it even though we did meet the requirements.

Just wondering if you received the certificate yet?? And if so are there a lot of restrictions?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently received a $75.00 certificate. This was for a new card that offered 10,000 points and a $75.00 certificate after fulfilling transaction requirements.

I've attached a copy for reference. The name has been obscured to protect the innocent. :) Hope this helps.

Redacted.png

Edited by footzz