Should I buy the tickets now or wait?

kenandlaura06

If your flight times are limited, you might want to look for something you could live with price and schedule wise and get it. As our travel agent relayed yesterday...don't put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. waiting for a specific airline in the hopes that prices will remain reasonable). That way there is no choice if the price is horrific and all the good flight times are taken with other carriers or are priced out of sight.

For you seasoned travelers, are these prices for Spring travel horribly high or have I been missing something by booking with cruise line's air in the past and not getting involved in the scramble for flights? Decided to do it on our own this time and booked with American yesterday out of Buffalo to FLL for April 22nd. USAir (with a wider choice of flights wanted close to $1,000 for 2. NOT!

Ruthie

Did I hear on the news last night that oil is predicted to hit $68/barrel next year? It's practically there now... If that is true, how on earth can airfares NOT rise? The one after another fuel surcharge over the past few months has to at least total $50 or more at this point for many airlines, if not more. I personally booked my January 06 flight this past April to avoid not only the coming fuel surcharges, but the risk of not getting the flight dates and times I preferred. I have since watched the fare and it is now over $130 more per person.

Many airlines will give you a credit to use for future flights should the flight you have booked go down in price. To me, it's worth it having what I want than watching and watching and hoping the price goes down. I periodically check my flight to see if the price is down, but like I said, that hasn't happened. We also don't have many low cost carriers serving Seattle (other than Southwest which STILL doesn't have schedules for mid-January and I wasn't comfortable playing their waiting game).

These are all good arguments for us booking early. We chose not to book cruise air because they wanted $450 per person from Boston to Miami roundtrip---outrageous! Flights are running about $250 per person roundtrip on American, we may take advantage of that or look into JetBlue to Ft. LAuderdale.

I booked an exotic out of San Juan for March 2006, both for the cool itinerary, and also because the R/T direct flights from Orlando were $125.

The flights are now ~$300 each, and I really don't know what to do.

Any advice?

Wendy

I booked an exotic out of San Juan for March 2006, both for the cool itinerary, and also because the R/T direct flights from Orlando were $125.

The flights are now ~$300 each, and I really don't know what to do.

Any advice?

Wendy

Hopefully come fall the flights will come down a bit...$300 from Orlando is outrageous.

Archived