Balcony question

I&J Cruisers

Can the dividers between cabins be opened on Dream to join the space. We are planning a 2015 cruise. It is our first time on DCL though we've done many other lines. Most can open those dividers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the balcony dividers do open between rooms. Not all do. Some of the dividers are actually part of the support structure and do not open. Just the forward portion of the divider can fold back, so there is still a panel sticking out from the side of the ship onto the balcony (doesn't completely open up).

It's the verandas on deck 10 on the sides of the vessel that have the structural inoperable partitions every 2 cabins.

I think none are operable directly under the fore and aft bumpouts on deck 10.

This applies to Dream and Fantasy.

img_0092.jpg

Bummer!

All the more reason to book our next DCL cruise on one of the newer ships! ;)

While the Fantasy is indeed a marvel, the classic ships have a lot going for them. There's nothing wrong with either class of ships, just a matter of personal preference. The Magic continues to be my favorite although I don't like some of the changes made in the big dry dock. Sorry, but the changes to the atrium were a mistake. The new chandelier is not big enough and looks stupid, eliminating the double staircase served no purpose, and the lobby looks lopsided. CMs told us that the new "empty space" made a great spot for the gingerbread house, but that's one month of the year. The original chandelier was designed for the ship...and belongs there!

On the Magic (September 2014)' date=' the dividers cannot be removed or opened up. Since the Wonder has not had a major dry dock, I'm certain that it is the same there. Sorry.[/quote']

we were on The Magic a couple weeks ago,and the dividers on our side had not been closed yet.We and our neighbors discovered this when we got into our rooms,and went onto the balcony.So there are some balcony dividers on Magic that can be opened.

You can also speak to guest services or DCL about having the divider opened if that is possible .

OK, perhaps I should have been more specific. On our September 2014 cruise on the Magic we were in a cabin where the balcony dividers did not open or be removed.

Prior to the big dry dock in 2013, none of them could be removed (they were bolted into the ship). Perhaps in some cabins this was changed, but not in either of those we were in during 2014.

I'll bow to the experience of the above poster--seems SOME of them do open now...just not those that I have experienced.

we were on The Magic a couple weeks ago,and the dividers on our side had not been closed yet.We and our neighbors discovered this when we got into our rooms,and went onto the balcony.So there are some balcony dividers on Magic that can be opened.

You can also speak to guest services or DCL about having the divider opened if that is possible .

Will you disclose your Stateroom number or balcony location for those that MAY be able to still be able to request their divider be left open?

If they aren't able to be requested left open it is mostly likely because they do not lock open, and someone may have been touched/bumped by one, and you know what happens then.....

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie