Crown Princess mini suites?

NOSaints1

So what's your overall opinion of the ship and Princess? Weve only sailed Carnival.

Crown is a great ship! We've been well pleased with our many Princess cruises.

Yes, we have cruised on Carnival several times; but much prefer Princess. :)

LuLu

Just got off the Crown today! Great ship, good crew, helpful and willing to make sure your trip is a good one. Ship will be going into a 3 week dry dock in late April early May. Some areas of the ship look like they need that Dry dock, but overall we enjoyed the ship and the Coastal Itinerary.:D:)

We also got off the Crown today. I will be writing a review about our cruise shortly, but this was my 6th Princess cruise and I would probably rate it our lowest for a few reasons (which I will detail shortly in my review). The Crown had some nice features, but it also was problematic in a few areas that I hadn't seen before on my previous Princess cruises. Nothing too bad, other than a very disappointing interaction with the spa manager, but the ship did seem more crowded than my previous cruises (the Crown has an additional passenger deck compared to some of of the earlier Grand Class ships). Also, the ship seemed more worn and in need of repair in some minor areas too. Sounds like it will be in a dry dock next year, and I am sure that will help.

My kids and Mother in Law had a mini suite and they are decent rooms. I was surprised that the balcony wasn't as big as the mini suite balconies on the Sapphire Princess (or the Extended balcony rooms one deck above). But I like the larger bathroom in the mini suite and I like the additional sitting area. For me it would depend on the price of the room compared to an extended balcony room. If you want a bathtub and larger bathroom, the mini suite is the way to go.

I like Princess better than Carnival personally, but it's definitely an older crowd than most Carnival cruises and not quite as "party" atmosphere as Carnival (which we like). This is certainly not new information :)

We also got off the Crown today. I will be writing a review about our cruise shortly, but this was my 6th Princess cruise and I would probably rate it our lowest for a few reasons (which I will detail shortly in my review). The Crown had some nice features, but it also was problematic in a few areas that I hadn't seen before on my previous Princess cruises. Nothing too bad, other than a very disappointing interaction with the spa manager, but the ship did seem more crowded than my previous cruises (the Crown has an additional passenger deck compared to some of of the earlier Grand Class ships). Also, the ship seemed more worn and in need of repair in some minor areas too. Sounds like it will be in a dry dock next year, and I am sure that will help.

My kids and Mother in Law had a mini suite and they are decent rooms. I was surprised that the balcony wasn't as big as the mini suite balconies on the Sapphire Princess (or the Extended balcony rooms one deck above). But I like the larger bathroom in the mini suite and I like the additional sitting area. For me it would depend on the price of the room compared to an extended balcony room. If you want a bathtub and larger bathroom, the mini suite is the way to go.

I like Princess better than Carnival personally, but it's definitely an older crowd than most Carnival cruises and not quite as "party" atmosphere as Carnival (which we like). This is certainly not new information :)

Also just got off the Crown today and generally agree with these comments. The cruise was excellent overall but more crowded than other Princess ships due to the extra deck of cabins. The overcrowding was felt mostly at the Horizon Court (buffet area) and the first performance of the show in the Princess Theater. We avoided the buffet and attended the late show.

We had a mini suite on Dolphin deck and enjoyed it. It seems to be about twice as big as a standard balcony cabin. You get a larger bathroom with a tub, which makes showering much more comfortable. You also get a sitting area with a full size couch so you do not always have to sit on the bed to read, talk, or watch tv. You get two tvs. One in the sitting room and one in the bedroom area. No suite perks other than embarkation day glass of champagne. My general rule of thumb is that I will pay no more than $200 per person per week to upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite. We got this mini for only $100 per person per week more. Definitely worth it.