I need help deciding about the Seranade of the Seas

Just got home from a 12 night Med cruise on this ship. We had a balcony (E1) cabin. I would love the opportunity to book another cruise on this ship.

I prefer the smaller ship, especially on a European itinerary. It is all a matter of personal preference, the food was fine. Windjammer was a bit chaotic at times but what buffet isn't. Staff was great and we had no problems whatsoever.

Hi

I loved reading positive reviews about SOS as we are booked on her next year. It was great to see all the photos as well. We have been on Radiance a couple of times and thought they would be very similar but the photos look beautiful.

Thanks Tania

• 3 months later...

What I have learned about people who review ships, take it with a grain of salt. Some people can never be satisfied. I went on the MSC Divina in March 2014, she was bashed on the review boards but it was a great cruise.

What I have learned about people who review ships, take it with a grain of salt. Some people can never be satisfied. I went on the MSC Divina in March 2014, she was bashed on the review boards but it was a great cruise.

Totally agree with your assessment. I have discovered that there is just no satisfying some people and some of the complaints that are posted on CC are just ridiculous. We only cruise on Radiance or Vision class ships just because of the "smaller" ship category! We thought the Serenade was absolutely wonderful. The glass elevators and the Windjammer being in the back of the ship are wonderful (we especially enjoyed sail-away drinks on the very back of the ship from Rita's Cantina as we were leaving New Orleans)!

More people who have a negative experience will take the time to write a review than those that have a positive one. Many who enjoy themselves, have taken lots of cruises and have long since stopped writing reviews. :)

I often read a negative review and think--really? That is what "ruined" your cruise? Sometimes these reviewers need to get a grip!!

I have only ever written one review, and that was a negative experience on the Quantum. Which is my point, IMHO people are more likely to write a negative review than a positive one.

I stopped reading reviews for RCI a long time ago because I found most have to do with unreasonable expectations (including my own on the QOTS). RCI's product is pretty consistent across all ships, and generally a problem on one cruise is rectified before the next passenger arrives.

One thing I keep reading is a ship is beat up or needs dry dock? RCI continuously upgrades their ships even while in service. Painting is constant, I have seen them replacing carpet in the WindJammmer, and even re-upholstering the chairs in the Schooner Bar! Under that standard Quantum was beat up. I found rust (they were painting), stained carpets, and many broken tiles in the elevators ON A BRAND NEW SHIP. :eek:

I have been on Serenade many times, and although none were recent, it's a beautiful class of ship. Yes Voyager class has a Promenade, but there are other features that make up for that.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by steveru621

For those of you who have cruise on the Serenade in the past and have had staterooms next to each other this question is for you.

Do the partitions open on the balcony like the Oasis class? I have had mix responses. They look like they do not!

For those of you who have cruise on the Serenade in the past and have had staterooms next to each other this question is for you.

Do the partitions open on the balcony like the Oasis class? I have had mix responses. They look like they do not!

Balcony partitions cannot be opened on Radiance class ships.