Disembarking between cruises

cruzadict

We are currently on QV on 28th October and have just rung cunard to cost the previous 3 day cruise. The man I spoke to said that we would have to disembark in southampton and check in again for the second cruise. Has anyone else had to do this. If we don't keep the same cabin how would we manage with our cases etc.

We are currently on QV on 28th October and have just rung cunard to cost the previous 3 day cruise. The man I spoke to said that we would have to disembark in southampton and check in again for the second cruise. Has anyone else had to do this. If we don't keep the same cabin how would we manage with our cases etc.

You leave the terminal, exchange the tags on you luggage, turn around 180 degrees and give your suitcases to the staff taking arriving luggage. Then enjoy the day and check in after 12.

I would check while on the ship whether the crew can move your gear to your assigned cabin. Sometimes they do.

Edited by cunardaddict

Hi cruzadict.

We did back to back cruises last year and through Reception we arranged to get checked in through them and went off the Ship to enjoy a day in Southampton, we went off the ship through the main passenger channels and back onboard through Crew Channels

They also organised for our Cabin Steward to move all our clothes from one Cabin to the new Cabin, albeit a few doors away. All they did was take the wardrobe rail with our clothes and move to the new wardrobe, however it may be a little more difficult if you are moving a few decks up or down!! The Reception Staff were very good and it all went smoothly, the Key Card/ID was exchanged after breakfast on the last morning of the first cruise for use on returning to the ship.

Have a word on your first day onboard your 3 day cruise with both sets of paperwork and it will all be sorted within a short period of time. I am not sure if you can do this if you are from outside of the UK?

Enjoy the escape from the cold weather.

Best wishes,

Dave

Edited by Georgina1
Misprint