South Beach - help please

CocoaMom

I was on the phone this morning with a rep from Hampton Inn and he mentioned they are opening one in south beach. From what I've learned, it appears as if they are taking over the Claremont (1700 Collins Ave). Would this be a good area pre-cruise for beach, dining and ... nightlife for young 20 something's (my kids)? FYI for anyone reading this - not accepting reservations yet, opening Jan 2015.

I was on the phone this morning with a rep from Hampton Inn and he mentioned they are opening one in south beach. From what I've learned, it appears as if they are taking over the Claremont (1700 Collins Ave). Would this be a good area pre-cruise for beach, dining and ... nightlife for young 20 something's (my kids)? FYI for anyone reading this - not accepting reservations yet, opening Jan 2015.

Excellent location! You would actually be on the beach and also within walking distance of both Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road. There is a boardwalk which runs north along the beach between 15th street towards the Fontainebleu hotel. There is a lot within walking distance as far as dinning and nightlife, and there are bicycle rentals and segway tours in South Beach.

Greetings

You would actually be on the inland side of Collins not on the beach. Was just there at The Surfcomber (1717 Collins) which is on the beach. Excellent area to stay. Ocean Drive area can get noisy at night, this area is quite and it's not a long walk to the many, many places along Ocean Drive or even closer to the Lincoln Road area.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

You would actually be on the inland side of Collins not on the beach. Was just there at The Surfcomber (1717 Collins) which is on the beach. Excellent area to stay. Ocean Drive area can get noisy at night, this area is quite and it's not a long walk to the many, many places along Ocean Drive or even closer to the Lincoln Road area.

Good Sailing

Tom

Ooops, yes you're right about that ... odd numbered addresses are ocean front.

Agree that you are perfectly located for Lincoln road shopping or dinner or you can walk a few blocks south along Ocean Dr to the park, beach activities, outdoor restaurants, people watching etc. Your kids will LOVE it!

Yes, good location.

The only snag I can think of is that the walk may be further to get to the beach than just walking across the street. They will not be able to go through the hotels and there are not public beach accesses until 20th Avenue.