Is there a link to a list of items not allowed on board/in cabin?

ocwine04

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is all listed out somewhere?

I know irons are not allowed, but I never would have known that if someone didn't tell me.

I know the alcohol limits and no liquor as that is stated on the website.

I have heard about the bad coffee on board, we have a small Keurig that we bring places, curious if this is allowed in our room?

We are not flying, so the amount of luggage isn't a huge issue for us (as long as it all fits in the car). Just wondering what else may be on the list of "no-nos".

TIA!

The best way to check is to read the Passage Contract and then the FAQs.

As for the coffee, that's subjective. Most people find the free coffee is just fine. You can bring a Keurig but be aware that depending on how much power it draws, it could blow the circuits in your cabin and the area around you.

The best way to check is to read the Passage Contract and then the FAQs.

As for the coffee, that's subjective. Most people find the free coffee is just fine. You can bring a Keurig but be aware that depending on how much power it draws, it could blow the circuits in your cabin and the area around you.

Thanks Pam. I don't have a Passage Contract, maybe that is the problem. My parents booked the cruise, so perhaps they have the paperwork. I have been searching the FAQ and I can't find anything. Hopefully this mysterious Passage Contract will answer my question. Yes, the power draw on the Keurig is what I am concerned about. I assume it would be too much, but I would think that is should be listed somewhere. Thanks for the help Pam!

The passage contract is on the princess web site:

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.jsp

They don't have a specific prohibited list for devices in the contract, the applicable clause is: "You may not take on board firearms, controlled or prohibited substances, inflammable or hazardous items, any other items prohibited by applicable law, or any other item Carrier deems in its sole discretion to be detrimental to the safety or comfort of any person"

In short they can reject almost anything.

The passage contract is on the princess web site:

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.jsp

They don't have a specific prohibited list for devices in the contract, the applicable clause is: "You may not take on board firearms, controlled or prohibited substances, inflammable or hazardous items, any other items prohibited by applicable law, or any other item Carrier deems in its sole discretion to be detrimental to the safety or comfort of any person"

In short they can reject almost anything.

HOORAY! That's what I was looking for! Thanks!

HOORAY! That's what I was looking for! Thanks!

OK, I hate to keep harping on this, but I read the Passage Contract and I read the FAQ and other than alcohol, animals and this statement: "You may not take on board firearms, controlled or prohibited substances, inflammable or hazardous items, any other items prohibited by applicable law, or any other item Carrier deems in its sole discretion to be detrimental to the safety or comfort of any person."

I don't really see where it says anything that you can't bring, such as an iron or a small appliance (I would imagine there would be a wattage limit or something), etc. Am I missing something or does anyone know if they have more specific information or is this just "known"?

Well, yes, but I got curious and tried to find the information on the Princess site and couldn't. Hmm...

Thank you! Yes, I know about the irons, but for the life of me I can't find a list. For example, I found Royal Caribbean where they don't allow hockey sticks, skate boards, etc. A pretty detailed list of no nos. I would rather know before having my stuff pulled out because I wasn't aware. At one point curling and flattening irons were on the no-no list for 1 cruise line, but everyone fought that, so it is OK now. Just trying to find it somewhere on Princess website. Sorry, I am an auditor...it's what I have been trained to do! :p

Why don't you just try to call someone at Princess and see if they have a more detailed list.

As far as coffee, wouldn't a keurig be awesome?? What I do is bring a zippy with different flavors of starbucks via, teas, splenda etc etc. Order hot water in the AM and go and enjoy the balcony.

Now since you are an auditor I know you will still be lookin for a list but just an idea

This is all I could find. It doesn't list specifics. I could find a prohibited list for Carnival and RCCL but Princess doesn't seem to have one online.

Passage Contract

13. BAGGAGE AND PERSONAL EFFECTS, LIABILITY LIMITATIONS, INSPECTION.

"You may not take on board firearms, controlled or prohibited substances, inflammable or hazardous items, any other items prohibited by applicable law, or any other item Carrier deems in its sole discretion to be detrimental to the safety or comfort of any person."

when we disembarked from our last cruise, at the port was a table at the cruise terminal with "confiscated items" and saw several appliances including coffee makers and rice cookers. I would not bring a keurig.

From the cruise answer book, among other places:

"Ironing and using personal clothes steamers is NOT permitted in any stateroom. "

Page 20

I saw that, but it doesn't address coffee makers or tea kettles or rice cookers! ;)(I guess someone might have a good reason for taking a rice cooker, but I'm afraid I don't get it.) The above quote is also a little ambiguous. It doesn't specifically say "no irons." One could interpret that as "no ironing" with the ship's irons in the staterooms. (And yes, I can imagine a scenario where someone might want to do just that.)

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is all listed out somewhere?

I know irons are not allowed, but I never would have known that if someone didn't tell me.

I know the alcohol limits and no liquor as that is stated on the website.

I have heard about the bad coffee on board, we have a small Keurig that we bring places, curious if this is allowed in our room?

During the muster drill on Carribbean, they specifically said

that coffee makers were not allowed.

What about Christmas decoration lights?

Are they permitted?

Probably not, but it would be such a good idea to string them along the balcony or all over the room for some holiday cheer. I don't recall seeing any decorations in cabins on the one cruise I took near the holiday, but we did board on Dec. 26.

Some info on Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Each stateroom has other luxuries for your convenience, such as a private safe and refrigerator. In addition, each room is equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings. Please ask your stateroom steward to check your appliances for suitability before use if you have any questions. All ships are equipped with an electric hair dryer in every stateroom.

in same area under laundry services:

For your convenience, Princess vessels have self-service launderettes where washers, dryers and laundry products are available for a negligible charge. Please note that irons/ironing boards are available in the self-service laundry rooms. Ironing and using personal clothes steamers are not permitted in any stateroom. Although rare, on certain itineraries environmental regulations relating to the consumption of water may impact the operating hours of the launderettes. These restrictions, when applicable will be posted in the Princess Patter.

If you have booked a cruise, you can access the passage contract by signing into the cruise personalizer and then do a search or actually read the document.

With regards a kettle. Does anyone know what power would affect the circuits. Would a 1000w be ok.

On my most recent cruise, during the muster drill safety

announcement of what was prohibited, they said:

"non-thermostatically controlled kettles"

To me, this says thermostatically controlled kettles are allowed.

But, I know that are more literal correspondents here.

Are they permitted?

We have decorated our cabin on many holiday cruises with no issues. We have decorated with lights, hung stockings on the mirror and had a small artificial christmas tree. We used the stick on or suction cup type of holders as to not mark up the walls and hung the stocking on the mirror. That was our kids traditional christmas for many years.

We have decorated our cabin on many holiday cruises with no issues. We have decorated with lights, hung stockings on the mirror and had a small artificial christmas tree. We used the stick on or suction cup type of holders as to not mark up the walls and hung the stocking on the mirror. That was our kids traditional christmas for many years.

Thank you for that information.

Are they permitted?

We had a plug in Christmas tree nightlight that changed colors. It was fine. The only issue we've ever had on a cruise (and it was Princess) was with a power strip with surge protector that was setting off alarms on the bridge. We returned to our cabin one day to find someone confiscating it. They gave us an acceptable one to use for the duration of the (month long) cruise and returned ours to us before we disembarked.

And dive knives. We've had those taken and given to us in port, then we had to turn them back in.

And the port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) confiscated scissors once from our carry on. Strange. We were doing B2B cruises, and simply walked off on turnaround day with a carry on suitcase, collected the scissors, put them in the suitcase and handed it to a porter. It was delivered to our cabin with no issue. Never have quite understood the issue with that one; we've traveled with the same small scissors for years and they were never before confiscated.

So, I guess we've had three issues.