Dr. Seuss GE&H breakfast

rydan

I just did this on the Legend to Australia. It was a lot of fun, and I didn't have kids. They decorate an area of the main dining room in the back, and several of the characters come through. You can take your own pictures with the characters, or they have one of the ship photographers there.

Is there anything specific you would like to know?

Reservations were the day before the breakfast. For some reason, they didn't show mine, but they had no problem seating my friend and I.

As for Suess food recommendations...

The beginning yogurt and the ending parfait are awesomely weird and awesomely tasting - they were most of my breakfast (see waffle comment) - ask for both (although they should bring both anyway)...

The adult steak and eggs is the best dish - the potatoes that come with are awesome!

The waffles are okay - way too sweet for me but maybe not for kids.

The pancakes are pancakes (just colored and stacked in a really cool way), but cool to look at.

The green eggs and ham need to be ordered by someone (my son only wanted the yogurt and toast - he is special needs), so they brought him a side of green eggs to experience. He didn't touch them, but the table tasted - cooler to look at than eat, but the macaroon in the middle was great and just seeing the dish is like magic brought to life!

We went on a mostly adult cruise so our brunch was practically empty, so we got personal interaction with every character and they still did the dancing lines, characters, photos, and stamps (signatures). It was well worth the $5...

The beginning yogurt and the ending parfait are awesomely weird and awesomely tasting - they were most of my breakfast (see waffle comment) - ask for both (although they should bring both anyway)...

The adult steak and eggs is the best dish - the potatoes that come with are awesome!

The pancakes are pancakes (just colored and stacked in a really cool way), but cool to look at.

The green eggs and ham need to be ordered by someone (my son only wanted the yogurt and toast - he is special needs), so they brought him a side of green eggs to experience. He didn't touch them, but the table tasted - cooler to look at than eat, but the macaroon in the middle was great and just seeing the dish is like magic brought to life!

We went on a mostly adult cruise so our brunch was practically empty, so we got personal interaction with every character and they still did the dancing lines, characters, photos, and stamps (signatures). It was well worth the $5...

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences. When and where is the sign up for this breakfast opportunity??

We are cruising on the Dream in December. I definitely don't want to miss out on this experience. I'll try to convinced dad to order the Green Eggs and Ham but that may not be easy. [emoji2]

Edited by wrigley80

Thanks for the info! Didn't know what to make of the pancakes, good to know they are regular with food coloring. Don't know what my 4 year old will think of them, but I think he'll care more about meeting the characters than anything else.

Cost, what was offered for breakfast,

Do Characters interact with kids? How long did it last...

$5 per person. the characters came by and took pictures with each table and did high fives. Started the Cat first, then when he was done Sam I Am, then the Things. We were there no more than an hour.

Cost, what was offered for breakfast,

Do Characters interact with kids? How long did it last...

-$5 a person

-Don't recall the exact menu but it was honestly one of the best breakfasts I had all week. There were only 4 of us at the table and they brought out almost everything on the menu for us to share(we couldn't make up our minds so they said they'd bring it all. We thought they were kidding!)

-Yes, all of the characters were there. Cat, Sam I am, Thing 1 and 2, all the waiters were dressed up and did a few songs and dances. They came around to each table and even "signed autographs". They also played some "kid friendly" music to sing and dance to such as the Hokey Pokey.

-It lasted maybe an hour?

Totally worth it, we loved it and I'm NOT a Dr. Seuss fan. I took a lot of photos which I can try to find.

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences. When and where is the sign up for this breakfast opportunity??

We are cruising on the Dream in December. I definitely don't want to miss out on this experience. I'll try to convinced dad to order the Green Eggs and Ham but that may not be easy. [emoji2]

Sign up with the appropriate phone extension is listed in the Fun Times on the 1st day (it repeats again on other Fun Times til the day of the breakfast) - I called that 1st day and made a reservation. It showed up on my sign and sail after 48 hours (and it is non-refundable, so keep that in mind...I didn't mind, b/c I figured we were eating breakfast:).

The tables were nicely decorated, the menus were cute, and I took pics of the Seuss ice sculpture they made...and as someone said, music was playing almost the whole time and it was a lively atmosphere. It was really nice that Carnival held both breakfast times (even though they were both sparsely attended) and did not skimp on the effects/events. And the character handlers were awesome with special needs (we skipped pics with the one child who didn't want any and got to get the pics and interactions we liked, not what got forced on us:)...it was really fun (in fact, all the Seuss events are - story time should not be missed either b/c it's really cute and the CD on Splendor knows how to handle it)...

The Seuss events were some of the highlights of our cruise:)...

Sign up with the appropriate phone extension is listed in the Fun Times on the 1st day (it repeats again on other Fun Times til the day of the breakfast) - I called that 1st day and made a reservation. It showed up on my sign and sail after 48 hours (and it is non-refundable, so keep that in mind...I didn't mind, b/c I figured we were eating breakfast:).

The tables were nicely decorated, the menus were cute, and I took pics of the Seuss ice sculpture they made...and as someone said, music was playing almost the whole time and it was a lively atmosphere. It was really nice that Carnival held both breakfast times (even though they were both sparsely attended) and did not skimp on the effects/events. And the character handlers were awesome with special needs (we skipped pics with the one child who didn't want any and got to get the pics and interactions we liked, not what got forced on us:)...it was really fun (in fact, all the Seuss events are - story time should not be missed either b/c it's really cute and the CD on Splendor knows how to handle it)...

Thank you so much. I will be sure to sign up for it shortly after we board. I was always a big Dr. Seuss fan growing up so I'm sure it'll bring me back to my childhood [emoji2]

Going to attend it on the Splendor next week, good to hear they did such a nice job with it. Was Malcolm the CD on your sailing who did the story time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On which ships is this offered? We're going on the Freedom 6 night Caribbean next month and I would love to do this. Would love to see pictures if someone is able to post some!

Freedom has it--it was one of the first ships to get it. That particular ship also have Dr. Seuss Bookville (in the Camp Ocean area), the story time, and parade.

Going to attend it on the Splendor next week, good to hear they did such a nice job with it. Was Malcolm the CD on your sailing who did the story time?

Yes - while he has some deficiencies as a CD (getting info out to guests in a timely way being one), being on stage and handling kids seems to be his specialty - you should see the ending talent show that he appears in for the same reason - he and the Splendor have comedy and fun on stage down:).

Wrigley I would love to hear about your experience with this on the Dream when you return! We are sailing on her over spring break and have 2 girls that love Dr Seuss! I didn't realize the Dream had the Seuss stuff yet!!

Freedom has it--it was one of the first ships to get it. That particular ship also have Dr. Seuss Bookville (in the Camp Ocean area), the story time, and parade.

Great, I'm definitely going to make a reservation for this. Thank you for answering my question :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes - while he has some deficiencies as a CD (getting info out to guests in a timely way being one), being on stage and handling kids seems to be his specialty - you should see the ending talent show that he appears in for the same reason - he and the Splendor have comedy and fun on stage down:).

Great, thanks for the info. We've sailed with Malcolm twice and he is pretty funny. I could see him doing a good job with the Seuss stuff.